37 ― carol of cobras.

❝ you're better than this

you're better than this.

SAM, DEMETRI, AND MIGUEL STOOD AT THE HEAD OF THE TABLE.

Demetri held a notebook and a pen in his hand as they discussed the details of their new dojo. He had insisted that they write everything down.

Decha leaned back in his chair, teetering back and forth on its legs as his fingers gripped the edge of the table. Demetri placed on his hand on top of Decha's. Decha turned his head, seeing him shake his head at him. Decha sighed, feeling like a child who had just gotten in trouble. He stopped and folded his arms on the table as Demetri spoke.

"So, we're all in agreement that our new combined dojo should train at Miyagi-Do. But deadlocked on a new name, Gi Design, Post-Training Snacks, and Sensei Dispute Protocol," Demetri tapped the notebook in his hand, placing it down on the table. "Okay, not good, but still, it's a start."

The faint sound of a cat meowing caused all of their heads to turn.

"Aw, I think your cat wants to come in," Bert stood up, walking towards the back door. "Here, kitty, kitty."

Miguel turned to sam, a confused expression on his face. "I didn't know you had a cat."

Sam shook her head. "We don't."

Decha furrowed his eyebrows. "Then what the fu—"

Decha was cut off by the sound of Bert screaming and shattering glass. Bert went flying through the window, landing on the kitchen floor. They all stood up, rushing to his side.

"Bert, what happened?" Miguel asked.

Bert turned his head, his face cut and bloody. "No cat."

Decha held his hand out, pulling Bert off the ground. As he asked Bert if he was okay, Hawk, Kyler, and three other Cobra Kai members stepped in through the back door.

Kyler stared directly at Miguel. "It's payback time, 'Rhea."

Decha rolled his eyes. "You know, that has got to be the dumbest nickname I've ever heard, and we call him Penis Breath." He pointed to Mitch.

Hawk and Kyler started to walk towards them, causing Decha and the other Miyagi-Dos and Eagle Fangs to step backwards. Glass crunched under their feet.

"Don't you have periodic elements to sing about, Boron Boy?" Kyler asked him.

Decha scoffed. "That's the best you could come up with? How pathetic."