06 ― fights and fouettés.

❝ this is karate, not ballet

this is karate, not ballet.

ACHARA COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.

Aisha had managed to get her to go with her to Cobra Kai. Achara was not interested in doing karate by any means, but Aisha had done the impossible. She convinced Achara that it would be a good idea. She made a pretty solid case, but Achara was still hesitant. Especially since the sensei seemed to be old fashioned and set in his own ways and beliefs. Not to mention he was Robby's dad. That seemed like a good enough reason on its own not to join, but there was no way Achara was going to let Aisha go alone.

The bell above the door jingled as the two girls stepped in the dojo. Achara looked around, both amazed and terrified by Cobra Kai logo and the words that adorned the wall. Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy. It seemed a little severe, but Achara was willing to give it a chance for Aisha's sake. She just hoped she didn't end up regretting it.

"No yoga till five. No matter how bad you need it."

"Um, we're actually here for karate," Aisha spoke nervously.

Achara made eye contact with Miguel. She gave him a small smile and the gesture was returned when Miguel smiled back.

"I saw your website," Aisha continued. "It said that there was supposed to be a session today."

"I appreciate you coming in, but there are no girls in Cobra Kai."

Achara gave him a confused look. She knew he held sexist beliefs, but she didn't expect him to just some right out and say it.

"Why not?" Aisha asked.

"Same reason there aren't women in the Army," he replied. "Doesn't make sense."

"Uh, Sensei, I need to show you something in the office," Miguel said.

When they left and entered the office, Achara turned to Aisha. "This was a bad idea. I can't believe I let you talk me into this."

Aisha didn't respond. Miguel and his sensei came out of the office.

"Okay, take off your shoes. Hop on the mat."

Aisha started to take off her shoes. Achara followed, despite how hesitant she was. Achara stepped on the mat and stood next to Aisha.

"Okay, after further review, I've decided to allow female students," Sensei announced. "But if you wanna in Cobra Kai, you can't act like girl."