Lunch With a Fellow Kiwi

June 2013

Dennis and Jennie both walked the long walk across Seoul. Neither attempted to start a conversation. It was almost completely silent. Minsik put on the same pisses off scowl he usually does. He really didn't want to deal with her especially when he needs to find a way to sharpen his craft. Throughout the walk Jennie would occasionally share glances.

"He's like an emotionless robot! I can't even guess what he's thinking!!" Jennie thought with a peeved expression.

"It's such a waste time with this bugger. I don't have time to babysit a girl. I need a game plan, maybe try out a freestyle until I get good. I haven't done those in ages." The two reached a crosswalk.

Just standing there made the height difference pretty substantial. She really looked like a younger sister from school. People either assumed they were a couple or were siblings.

As they started walking Minsik starting speaking.

"I have to hand it ya. You're very persistent after I told ya to fuck off. Tell me, what do you want with me?" Minsik demanded an answer.

Jennie didn't respond immediately until they finally crossed.

"Why do you always assume I have bad intentions!? Can't I not see you again?" Jennie replied as if were obvious.

"I don't see why you have anything to do with me. We're not friends or cuzzies!" Minsik stated feeling even more peeved.

"I think you should Dennis. We're both trainees and we are going to debut around the same time. That means there'll be times where we have to work together. A little more effort would greatly be appreciated."

"I just don't do friends! Friends lie to you, betray you. You're better off dealing your own shit."

"But that's not a good mindset to have. You already judged them before you even gave them a chance!! You can start by saying annyeonghaseyo or my name is when you meet someone." Jennie began.

"Whatever let's get something to eat. I'm starving. Do they have some saussies round this block?" Minsik asked.

"We're not in New Zealand Dennis and it's called hotdog."

"A hotdog? Now you sound like a bloody American! Saussies actually make more sense. Hot Dog is a moronic phrase by lazy Americans who can't spell!!" Minsik spat.

"I agree on you with that. Americans do have silly phrases."

"They're idiotic blokes that's what." Minsik replied as Jennie laughed.

"You know you're not actually a bad guy. Sure, you may act an ass at times but you're not a bad person." Jennie said.

"What kinda of statement you're even making? I'm no saint. I've done a lot of horrible shit to warrant any praise." Minsik shrugged the compliment.

"Can't you even take one blimmin compliment for once!!" Jennie's Kiwi accent returned.

The two entered a BBQ place. Almost immediately the two caught a whiff of that smell of grilled meet.

"That smell is all bloody good. Let's order heaps of BBQ mate." Minsik said as Jennie spoke Korean to the waiter. They sat down further back where they got a view outside.

Once again Minsik took in the view of his fellow Kiwi. He realized now why the guys say she is attractive. She had a distinct round looking face with cheeks that only a baby could have. Her lips were surprisingly luscious almost like those supermodels, but the most unique features are her eyes. Now that got to know her those eyes of her aren't as intimidating as he originally thought. They seem gentle, kind of shy.