Chapter XVII

Suddenly, Ryouta lunged forward, his hand extended towards Ranpo’s throat. Y/n quickly grabbed Ranpo’s hand, pulling him towards her so Ryouta cannot get to him. 

Chuuya used his ability to throw a table at Ryouta, but before it got close to him, the man unpredictably kicked the table with an incredible force, causing it to break in half, as if it was nothing.

 Chuuya grunted in annoyance at the sight. This man was too unpredictable. 

 Y/n was about to make a move before a sudden explosion threw her, Chuuya, and Ranpo on the ground, meters away from where they were before. Ranpo lost consciousness as his back made contact with the wall. Y/n rushed to check him, then soon realised that her abdomen was bleeding. 

  Some pieces of glass flew with them three due to the explosion, piercing her skin roughly through her clothes. However, this did not stop her from getting to Ranpo to check on him. 

 Chuuya used his powers to move an old-looking door which was leaning against a wall withing other ruined and old objects, creating a shield between them three and Ryouta. 

 “Is the Four-Eyes okay?” Chuuya asked irritated

 “It’s hard to tell” Y/n replied, clenching into her wound tightly. Chuuya noticed it and moved closer to her, nudging her shoulder* 

“You are injured, idiot-”

 Ryouta kicked the door which Chuuya was manipulating with his abilities, now getting closer to them. Chuuya picked up Ranpo’s unconscious body, then grabbed Y/n’s sleeve and dragged her away into another room in the building. 

 The room was small and cramped, most likely a storage room. Chuuya placed Ranpo on the floor, surprisingly gentle, before sitting down too and looking at you

  “What do we do, idiot?” 

  “I don’t know, Chuuya. We can’t even tell what ability this man has, and it is clearly stronger than our abilities.”

  Y/n replied as she ripped one of her sleeves off, wrapping it around her abdomen like a bandage. Meanwhile, shouts were heard from the other room. It seemed like the other agency members got there. Y/n then took a deep breath before speaking*

  “Okay, let’s think the way Ranpo would. First, what exactly were this man’s attacks? We know he is good in martial arts considering his strong kicks and he managed to get rid of my ability, as if he saw right through it. What if he…sees the future?”

 Chuuya was looking down, contemplating this.

 “It may seem so, but if that was the case, he would be so powerful that we would be dead by now” 

 “Not really, depends on how much he can see the future. If it is a few seconds, then it might not be enough to kill us so easily.”