Chapter 15: Sanctuary

It was a rainy Friday afternoon as the Cullens – minus Carlisle, Edward, and Esme – waited outside the school. They had no clue where Edward had disappeared to. While Daniel and Rosalie could simply drive back to the house, they waited for their siblings. Alice, Jasper, and Emmett had all arrived together in Edward's car, which was conspicuously absent. Concern gnawed at them until Alice abruptly froze in place, a blank expression washing over her features.

"I have to drive Bella's truck to her house," she announced.

The others stared at her, bewildered. Irritation colored Daniel's voice as he scoffed, "That piece of junk? That's beneath you, pixie."

"Edward will be here any minute," she insisted. "He'll hand me the keys. We'll have to wait for him."

Moments later, Edward showed up.

"Where have you been?" Jasper inquired, his tone laced with suspicion.

"Bella fainted," Edward explained, his voice strained. "I took her home."

He quickly added, "Don't worry, I didn't reveal anything. In fact, she invited me to the beach, and I declined."

"Which beach?" Emmett interjected, a spark of amusement flickering in his eyes.

"La Push," Edward answered with a sigh.

A loud laugh erupted from Daniel. "The girl hangs out with dogs? How ironic! So that's why you declined, not some grand act of selflessness. Well, whatever the reason, let's get out of here. Sunshine for the entire weekend and Monday? Perfect time to get away from humans." He announced his plan cheerfully, his hand snaking around Rosalie's waist.

When stretches of sunshine-drenched days graced their calendar, Daniel and Rosalie would sometimes disappear to their date nights. Each occasion, a meticulously crafted surprise designed to steal the breath from Rosalie's lips. This time Daniel led Rosalie to the private hangar tucked away at the edge of town.

Unlike others who flinched at exorbitant costs, Daniel saw them as mere whispers compared to the brilliance beside him. Their black jet awaited. The flight, longer than Rosalie anticipated, was punctuated by stolen kisses and whispered promises, the hum of the engines a low thrumming beat to their escalating desire.

Finally, the jet doors hissed open, revealing a breathtaking panorama. The cityscape sprawled before them. "Monza?" Rosalie breathed, her voice laced with a mixture of surprise and delight.

Daniel's response was a dazzling smile. His hand brushed against hers, sending a spark dancing up her arm. He led her to where their chariot for the evening awaited. Parked gleaming under the hangar lights was a red Ferrari Daytona SP3, its curves mirroring the perfection of Rosalie's own form.

"Oh, Daniel!" she gasped, the words tumbling out in a rush. Love flickered in his eyes, a response to the raw pleasure etched on her face. Instead of words, he simply presented her with the keys, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You're driving, obviously," he murmured. "But follow the GPS, darling. It has a surprise in store."

Rosalie needed no further explanation. With a satisfied smirk, she slid behind the wheel, the sleek leather a perfect fit for her sculpted form. The city streets blurred as they weaved through the Italian city, the wind whipping through Rosalie's hair.

She felt a jolt of recognition washing over her as they approached their destination. The iconic curves of the Monza racetrack, a familiar sight from countless Formula One weekends, unfolded before them.

"You didn't!" she exclaimed, her voice a mixture of disbelief and playful accusation.

Daniel's laughter, rich and warm, echoed in the night. "But I did, beautiful" he countered, his hand finding hers once more. They walked, hand in hand, the picture of elegance and love, towards the track entrance. A private haven awaited them – the entire circuit, bathed in flood lights alongside two gleaming McLarens.

"We're racing tonight, my love," Daniel announced, his voice a thrilling challenge in the quiet night. The night stretched before them, splattered with the hues of adrenaline and playful competition.

Finally, sated by the intoxicating feeling of speed and control, they exited the circuit, the roar of the engines being left behind.

Their hotel room, bathed in a soft, golden glow, offered a stark contrast to the electric energy of the racetrack. Rosalie, still buzzing from the thrill of the race, arched an eyebrow at Daniel.

"You know," she purred, her voice laced with a playful challenge, "technically, we don't require a hotel room, do we?"

Daniel, his shirt clinging to his broad frame, leaned in, his lips brushing her ear. "True," he murmured, his voice a husky rumble against her sensitive skin. "But there's something about the human experience, wouldn't you agree? Besides," he added, his eyes gleaming with a devilish intent, "I wanted to recreate every perfect detail of a stolen weekend, just for you. I'll do anything to make you happy"

Rosalie couldn't help but melt into his embrace. "Daniel, baby, you are my happiness" she whispered, her voice husky with desire as she wrapped her arms around his neck. His hands, strong and firm, roamed down her back, igniting a fire that spread through her like wildfire.

Their kiss started innocently enough, a tender exploration that quickly morphed into something altogether more intense. Daniel's lips moved with a practiced ease against hers, his tongue a sending shivers cascading down her spine.

He could no longer resist the frantic need to feel her closer. With a lightning-fast movement his hands snaked around her legs, the inhuman speed leaving her breathless. He effortlessly scooped her up, the coldness of her body searing through the thin fabric of her dress. In a single, fluid motion, he deposited her onto the small table by the entrance of the room, her legs instinctively wrapping around his torso for support.

Just as their lips met again, Rosalie tore at the buttons of his black dress shirt, the satisfying rip echoing in the otherwise silent room.

"Bloody hell, Rosalie!" Daniel exclaimed between kisses, a playful annoyance coloring his voice.

"Hush" she murmured back, her voice husky with a dark desire. "Just enjoying the view, baby."

Daniel, a smirk playing on his lips, readily complied. The night, already charged with a heady mix of competition and raw emotion, promised to be consumed by a different kind of fire, one fueled by their insatiable hunger for each other.

The discarded shirt lay forgotten on the floor, a casualty of their escalating need. Daniel's gaze devoured her form. He trailed a finger down the exposed skin of her back.

And so, the night stretched before them, a vast canvas begging to be filled with the strokes of their passion. In that moment, eternity could have passed, or it could have been mere seconds. Time blurred into insignificance as they surrendered to the dance of their desires, their moans and whispers the only music to their ears. When dawn finally peeked through the blinds, painting the room in a soft, rose-hued glow, they lay entangled on the rumpled sheets.

The silence, thick with unspoken emotions. Living amongst vampires didn't afford them much privacy. These stolen moments, then, became precious sanctuaries. And so that's how they spent their weekend; filled with love, peace and understanding.

Author's note:

So, a bit of a filler chapter, but I really wanted to write a date night between this two.

Also, how evident is my love for F1 in this chapter?

Please remember to vote and comment.

Thank you for reading.