Chapter 47

Avni: i'm actually having a doubt on how you became a police officer.

Neil: excuse me...i'm one of the best officer along with vidyut

Avni: yeah right...i don't know about vidyut but with  you im confused. You solve many cases but you couldn't solve this biggest case in your life.

Neil: How can whatever is happening betweeen us is a case

Avni: chalo your brain is slowly getting on working mode again

Neil: Avniiiiii

Avni: what Avni, everyone knows who i love, who is in my heart but you...you felt i love sahil.

Neil: i felt my place was slowly slipping in your life...maybe due to all the mistakes i made sahil may have made a better place than me he said looking lost..but avni's slap on his arm got him back to the present

Avni: your brain doesn't seem to be working I guess neil.

Neil: I did what I felt right after seeing & hearing you both at the orphanage.

Avni: You believed whatever you heard and thought  that after having feelings for you for so many years it would fly away with just one conversation that you heard.

Neil: Then? he asked in a low voice he somehwere felt he knew the answer but he wanted to hear it from avni..if she loved him still then what was the orphange scene about

Avni smiled as she moved forward and caressed his cheeks.

Avni: That orphanage scene was a drama for you to hear. I knew you was behind me and trust me it hurt over here when i let those words out of my mouth. She said pointing a finger towards her heart

Neil: But why?

Avni: during my birthday I heard you pour out your feelings. For a second i didn't believe that what i was hearing was true. I was shocked  yet my heart already knew the answer Neil. I was scared thinking that what if this moment broke but it didn't, as you continued expressing how much you love me. I know how my heart was beating 10x faster. When I opened my eyes slowly i found you asleep, making me realise how i had held my breath all that time. This became one of the best birthday because the man who I loved finally loves me back. Then before leaving for the police station you carried me towards the bed and whispered those loving words. Only i knew how i had contolled myself from smiling. I was waiting for you to confess again & as soon as i reached to the orphanage i told sahil that finally my best friend, my Neil loves me. But sahil stopped me.

Neil had a huge smile on his face listening to Avni. He was so happy to know that she heard his confession on her birthday only as he wanted it to become a memerobale one.
But hearing her mention sahil stopping her made the smile dissappear from his face.

Neil: Why did  you listen to him then?

Avni looked at Neil and held his hand.

Avni: Sahil stopped me because he wanted to see till what extent your love can go. He wanted  to see if your love was also unconditional like mine. I was not okay with that idea because for me love is no competition.

Neil: Then why did you agree avni?

Avni: Because Sahil questioned me if i doubted your love. Maybe i would have in the past but your rescent actions and confession msde me know how much you love me and i knew you're not selfish enough to keep me forcefully with you. But i never knew that once i come back home the step i had taken years back would have been repeated by you. I felt the pain Neil that you must have gone through she said holding his hands tightly as a tear rolled down her eyes.