Chapter five: Odd Dreams and crappy uniforms

The night after that was interesting, my doctor came by but saw nothing wrong with me but a small bug bite on my wrist, he said that I must have had low insulin and gave me some medicine and sent me off to bed.

But of course I didn't go to bed instead I began to study for my exam tomorrow which I put off doing but it's not like it was difficult all it was is a easy college level class about quantum physics, it was children's play to me and finally I went to bed that night I had a odd dream.

A handsome young man was running down a alleyway with me and saying something about a goblin and she was attacking lower Manhattan.

and suddenly out of nowhere my wrist pops out from underneath of me and a weird stringy fluid comes out of it and goes to a nearby building and when my feet were about to lift off the ground.

I hear him say "I'll see you on the other side Spider Woman" and then I wake up in a cold sweat. I have had odd dreams before but nothing like this before.

So I was happy when morning came and it was time to get ready for school, I go to the Midtown Institute of Science and Technology in Queens, New York which is about a half hour away so I got to get ready pretty fast so Eddie, my driver/ bodyguard can get me there on time.

While getting up and going to my closet I noticed two things, the first one is that I have a horrible headache and the second is that the bug bite on my arm hasn't gone away, well it's only been one night of having it so I brushed it off .

I get to my closet, well it's more of a room off to the side of my room. My uniforms are near the door to the closet and I I grab one of my uniforms and the other things I needed and got dressed.

My uniform is consisting of a white long sleeve button down shirt and a navy blue sleeveless monstrosity of a dress which did nothing for my figure but I can't change the school uniform and my even crappier jacket that I haft to wear even when it's a hundred degrees outside but I love Midtown so I begrudgingly put it on every day.

Next thing was to go to my bathroom and brush my teeth, I was not so happy to figure out while I was getting dressed that I forgot to put my hair in rollers, damn it, so I put my hair into two braids grabbed my cat eye glasses and call it done and head downstairs.

My aunt is in the dining room eating breakfast, she looks up from the eggs she eating when she notices me "Oh Portia! How are you feeling? Did you take your insulin shot?" She questioned.

Shoot! I forgot to do my injection! "Oh no! I me didn't!" I lament realizing that means taking of all of my clothes and taking that stupid but life saving shot. "I thought so, here come to me" she sighed, I walk over to wear she was sitting.

Aunt Bea had a box next to her, she opened the box to reveal a shot. "Go to the restroom and take the shot come back when you're done and eat breakfast with me" she says while handing me the box. I nod and walk out of the dining room into the restroom at the other end of the hall.

I quick take off my clothes and rub a alcohol wipe on my stomach and take the shot, they don't bother me as much as my big Air Force general uncle he could never help me out with that when I was little. When I finish I head back to the dining room and sit down for breakfast.

"We have the charity gala this weekend, Portia so we will go shopping after you get home from school" Aunt Bea says "Where do you want to go to shop?" I ask while eating my eggs "I don't know, Macys maybe? I want to go to Tiffany & Co. to get some new earrings" she answered.

"Oh Portia you should probably get going, school starts soon" she tells me standing up. I look at my watch, crap! I only have fifty minutes to get to school. I know I said school is half hour away but I like to get there early to finish whatever I didn't finish earlier.

I quickly jumped up and give Aunt Bea a kiss on the cheek and leave, I run down to Eddie who is waiting for me and we speed off.