Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Meeting

"Can you blame me, Gazellian? Natiis mo ako nang napakaraming taon. And instead of kissing, you greeted me with a dagger on my neck."

Kreios walked closer to my cage, tightly gripping the golden bars. I could see the prodded veins on his hand as he leaned closer. "No more playing, Gazellian. We had enough for today."

I couldn't utter a single word. I couldn't even move. I knew that the same trick wouldn't work for him again. Sa sandaling malanghap niyang muli ang amoy ng dugo ko ay nasisigurado kong matitiis na niya ako.

Kreios turned his back and sat on the edge of his bed. I heard a thud as he half-laid, his legs dangling over the side. He covered his eyes with one of his arms.

Silence overwhelmed us, with only the gentle sound of a crackling hearth echoing inside the room.

I pulled one of my chains, creating a single clank, I stopped and closed my eyes. I tilted my head and allowed myself to rest between the small spaces of my golden bar.

I sighed.

"I am scared. Now that the memories of the past are rushing back, those that my mother tried to erase, I can't help but get scared . . ." he said in his muffled voice.

And he continued, "She was like you, Claret, grandmother— women tied with responsibilities. I've seen how my father did everything but, in the end, he was left behind . . ."

Hindi na itinuloy ni Kreios ang sasabihin niya at muling namayani ang katahimikan sa pagitan namin dalawa. Inakala kong nakatulog na siya nang bumangon siya pero hindi na niya ako sinulyapang muli.

He walked to his cabinet and opened it. Pulling his black suit over his head, revealing how he effortlessly flexed his shredded body. He took the black robe and put it on, not even trying to tie it, exposing his chest.

Unlike Dastan, Tobias, and even my other brothers, Kreios had a preference for wearing black.

Hindi na ako kinausap ni Kreios nang tumawag siya ng mga tagasunod. Hindi na rin naman ako nagsalita kaya pinanuod ko na lang ang bawat kilos niya.

He sat on the edge of his bed again, casually crossing his legs. As he turned to glance at my cage, not me, one of the golden bars shimmered, creating another chain. The chain slithered slowly towards his hand, and it transformed into a golden bell. He rang it, and within a minute, servants came knocking at our door.

Kreios pressed both of his palms on the bed, behind him, inclining his body, the silky fabric of his black robe slid off one shoulder, revealing half of his tempting body.

It was a familiar move, but I didn't expect that Kreios could do it effortlessly in one attempt. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Fuck him," I whispered.

The door opened, and I knew what exactly he was trying to do with me. The king was about to take a bath and he needed servants to prepare him.

The female servants were hesitant at first with my presence, blatantly glaring at them, but with the casual movement of Kreios's hand, inviting them to hurry up, all they did was lower their heads as they started to prepare.

The servants brought towels, basins filled with water, scented bottles with colored liquids, petals of flowers, fans, and even plates with different fruits.

"Inihahanda na po ang inyong paliguan, Kamahalan," sabi ng isa sa tagasunod niya.

"Alright."

Two of the servants kneeled in front of him, gently taking his feet and placing them on the basin filled with water. One of the servants opened a scented bottle, placed a bowl on a small table, put a colored stone on it, lit a small fire, and dropped it until it created smoke— allowing the soothing lavender scent to take over the whole room.