C.9 Dammit.

Aliana.

The screams from the deck were deafening, the sound of alarmed screams and yells made me want to curl up into a ball and hide.

But I'm not that type of person, am I? No.

I pulled myself out of Calico's arms, knowing I would have had to leave them before I got attached to the human captain my head's taken a large liking to. I walked upstairs to the deck, seeing... "Isla?" I yell out confused.

What is she doing here? Why has my little sister come to this ship?

"Aliana!!" she screamed, jumping off the pillar of water she had been floating in and switching to her human form, running to me and wrapping her arms around me.

"Oh Ali, I thought you were dead, I thought these horrible humans had killed you, or sold you, or worse." She said, looking at me with tearful eyes. I smiled softly at her, she's about five years younger than me, only seventeen.

"Isla.. I'm okay. these haven't hurt me... I don't know their plan." I admit softly, holding my sister close. I've missed her. I haven't been mistreated here, fed and clothed.. but.. I missed her. I missed her dearly.

I look around the deck, confused sailors coming to look at us. I turn to her flashing her a hint of a toothy grin. "Isla," I say with a slight smile. "How many did you toss overboard dear sister?" I say with a soft smile, knowing I'll get them back with a flash of my hand. "hmm.. about.. seven?" She says with a guilty grin.

I shake my head softly. "These humans have been good to me, there is no need to toss them overboard Isla." I wave my hand lazily in a slow circle above my head, murmuring a few words to drag them from the water back to the ship, all survived. just a little traumatised.

"How did you find me?" I ask her, walking with her to sit on the railing of the ship, looking at her.

"Followed the feeling of this boat, it's not like the others. doesn't reek of death, it's what took me so long to find you, Ali." She says, looking at me, studying me for any injuries.

"I'm okay Isla," I say with a slight laugh.

"Ali.. you've been gone for months, mother and Father were going to start a horrible storm to sink the boat. we need to go home, it's time. mother, father, and Alastor are worried sick." she says, looking at me with those big doe eyes of hers that always get me to give in.

"You know the whole reason I left was because of them Isla," I say softly.

(Spade speaks....)

Helloo!! were back, pretty soon we are gonna reach five hundred reads (im not terrified, you are.)

Thank you to everyone who has stayed along with this random thought I had at 4 AM

ALSO CURRENTLY LISTENING TO THIS PLAYLIST ON SPOTIFY "A trail of Light and Darkness" its a book on here, the playlist, AND THE BOOK slays. all day.

I love you all,

Spade. more chapters soon <3