To Save a Kingdom ~Historical Fiction~

To Save a Kingdom

By: AmandaPate

~To save a kingdom i can across by accident my phone opened it instead of the one above it. The tittle just seemed clichey and serious so i wasn't interested. But since it was open i started to read and didn't stop. I am so happy that my phone is a pain in my derriere because this book was awesome.

It starts out with Kai; a Princess, running away from home and masquerading as a man. She running because she was going to be forced to marry someone. This makes her sound like a prim, proper, spoiled princess, but you quickly learn her character and fall in love with her. You learn that she runs away to save her kingdom from a bad King. She winds up meeting a man who is the Prince of a far away land, his name is Brendan. He invites her (thinking that she's a man) to join his company on the way back to his land. 

She goes figuring this is the best way to get away. During their travels she becomes friends with the prince and his group. There is an accident and Kai gets injured. Brendan quikly takes her to his home and finds that she is a woman. They start to become very close and think about the future ahead. Until people start digging about where she is from and her father's men catch up.

This story is rated PG-13, because there is a little bit of violence and some kissing scenes. There is also other things that happen in the period of history that the story is fairly loosely set in. 

This book actually turned out to be one of my favourites, It is really funny and the relationship between Kai and Brendan is super cute. This is set in the middle ages so it's not modern, but it is really good. It's funny and sweet and really well written.~