part 8

I decided it would be a lot easier to just change into a human.
So I walked towards the place where I hid my clothes a few days ago.

I got there, changed into my human form and put the hospital-gown on.

Then I began jogging towards the place the boy was calling his 'friend' from.

Not to mention it was really, really stupid to do that in a dark forest with a creepy monster. Only to get eaten if he kept doing it.

He was being so loud that even in my human form, I knew almost exactly where he was.

Then the yelling stopped.

I began running faster only to find the girl, who apparently was called Nancy, on the ground next to a tree. The boy's arms where around the girl. I could see he was trying to calm her down.

The girls clothes where soaked, not with water, but with a dark slimy substance that smelled awfull.

The girl looked up, staring right into my eyes.

I looked away. I found eye-contact really cringe, like, always.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Nancy releasing herself from the boy's arm and standing up. Her eyes still on me.

'Who are you?'

I didn't say anything.

'What are you doing here?'
'Where are your parents?'

I decided not to answer any of their questions, to act like I couldn't talk, Like Eleven.

I looked in her direction again and just shook my head.

'No? No what?'

I felt my hand shaking in the intense fear that came over me when I remembered what happened the last time I talked to someone that wasn't Eleven.

No. I said, this time out loud.

Nancy had a concerned look on her face and the boy looked like I was a ginormous insect that was about to eat him.

Nancy took a step towards me. Do you have a place to go tonight?

I looked at her.

No. Was my answer.

You can come with us if you want to? The boy spoke up.

My gaze moved towards the boy's face. He winced at the eye-contact. I nodded.

'You aren't going to kill me are you?'

Both the girl and the boy look at each other.

'No.' They said in sinc.

'And you aren't going to tell anyone to do so, right?'

'She's talking'

I heard the boy whisper to the girl.

'Yeah, no shit the girl whispered back'

'Then I'll come' I murmured with a stupid smile on my face.

The girl looked at the wound on my side.

'It's not that deep.' I mumbled.

It was weird, one moment I thought this people where dumb and stupid, the other, I was considering them the most cool people I had ever met.

We need to disinfect that when we get home. Nancy whispered more talking to herself than to me.

'Where are we going?' I asked.

'My house' girl said.

Her home, I thought.