part 4 (the demogorgan)

I was killing a deer in the middle of my territory when I heard dead branches snapping under another creature's feet.

I stopped and turned around, facing the place where this noise came from. Slowly, I walked towards the bush where I now heard a creature breathing behind. As I slowly got closer, I focused on making no noise, even stepping on a dead leaf could make this animal realize that there was a full-grown cougar standing behind this bush. I slowly made my body ready to jump I brought my belly to the ground and wiggled with my tail. But as I put strength on my paws, a branch snapped.

Shit.

I heard movement from behind the bush but it wasn't running, it just moved.

That's when I realized, this was no grand deer or a little rabbit. It was something else. Something that wouldn't care to kill me. A giant predator.

The hair on my back got up, my tail got all fluffy and I let out a growl.

I slowly walked backwards not daring to look away from the bush. I kept growling trying to let this creature think a deer would be easier to catch.

But the animal came from behind the bush.

It was naked, like a human. No hair. It had long limps and there where light pink veins crawling all over its body. But most important, it had no face. No sign of a way to eat his prey, only a white void where its face should've been.

Even without a face it was staring at me. I knew it could see me. I knew that it would only be a matter of time that I would lie here, dead.

Suddenly the ginormous creature opened a mouth you couldn't see at first sight, It screeched loudly, and it ran towards me, on two of his long legs.

I was too late to react.

The monster hooked it claws into my side. I roared in pain. I spit fire in its face but it didn't seem bothered by the little spark of fire. He just got his claws out of me and, really fast, it clawed right into my face.

That would be a scar for sure. I couldn't care less.

I set myself on fire, knowing the monster would back of a little.  I threw it against a tree letting it know it shouldn't mess with me.

IDIOT. I thought when it ran away howling in pain.

I began licking the wounds om my left side and walked (a little shaky) back to my deer. But when I almost got to the place I catched the deer, I heard two humans talking.
They where staring at the half-dead deer in front of them.

It's been hit by a car.

I saw that the girl was almost crying.
This was my exact reaction---->😳🙀

We can't just leave it.

Ah fuck. It thought no way that they're gonna kill MY prey.

The girl pointed the gun (she had for God knows why) at the deer. She looked like she was scared to dead.

I'll do it. The boy whispered.

The girl handed the gun to the boy,
That's when I saw it, the unnatural white arm grasped onto MY prey. MINE!

That's it, killing my prey was one thing, stealing it was another. I spurted towards the place I saw the skinny arm.

Making both the girl and the boy gasp. It's hurt! I heard the girl whisper. Nah that was not gonna happen. I got into her head.

"Don't you dare point that gun at me!"