Under the Mountain V

Everything else could wait. Neither of them had seen their homes in a century and yet, remaining Under the Mountain a bit longer didn't seem so bad anymore.

The hesitation in his lips had shattered. That wild hunger she'd tasted fifty years ago was back in full force. She melted into him as his mouth roved over every inch of exposed skin, as he traced the contour of her body with his teeth and tongue, leaving trails of fire in his wake.

They broke away only long enough to pull their shirts off. Then he was back onto her in a frenzy as if she might vanish at any moment. At some point, the laces on her pants had come undone and she stepped out of them, kicking the clothes to the side. Eris hoisted her up on the table, his fingers digging into the soft flesh of her ass. Her fingers fussed with the buckle on his belt, towards the hardness beneath, begging to be set free. But he nudged her hands out of the way with a grunt.

"This time I won't let you hurry me along because you are in a rush to disappear into the night." He smiled against her skin as his lips explored lower over her collarbone and down her breast.

"But ..." The word was more of a plea than anything else and, as Eris stopped to pay tribute to her perked nipple with his tongue, the rest of her thoughts vanished. Only a desperate whine escaped her lips.

"I wouldn't want to embarrass myself. It's been one hundred years Vel, and I've been stuck in this godsdamned cave with nothing but my memories of you." His breath was like cinders against her skin. He roamed lower and lower, one hand palming her breast, the other still kneading her rear. "Pleasuring myself has been agony. I couldn't bear to open my eyes after, knowing that you weren't there, that I might never get to experience this." His words trailed as Eris kneeled in front of her and pulled her hips closer to his face.

The first lick around the apex of her thighs cleaved her world in half. It was as if she'd died and gone to another world because nothing in her twenty thousand years on this land had compared. Each flick of his tongue ignited a fire within her, consuming her senses entirely. Her fingers were gripping the table so hard the wood beneath had splintered, but she felt none of it. None of it as Eris looked up at her from between her thighs, that wicked glint in his molten gold eyes. She'd never admit how it made her toes curl.Her breath hitched as waves of pleasure coursed through her body. If there had been any doubt in her mind that Eris was her mate it had all just burned to ash.

Vel unraveled beneath his gaze, beneath the tender strokes of his tongue. The moan that left her lips was more beast than Fae as pure ecstasy barreled down her spine. Her vision blurred around the edges and she laid down on the table, legs trembling, only vaguely aware of the fruit bowl that had clattered to the floor at some point. The nerve endings in her body were on fire as Eris cleaned up every last drop of her release.

He rose from his spot licking his lips. "The sample I had all those years ago didn't do you justice. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine you would taste so sweet." Shirtless, breathless, his perfect hair tousled, his sensual lips swollen, a dusting of pink on his high cheekbones – he might have been a god; her god. She could have worshipped him for what he had done to her.

"I worried I would be quick off the mark but it seems you needed that release quite badly."

His voice was deep and indulgent, at odds with the impish smirk on his face.

Vel struggled to rein in her barely coherent thoughts. "It's been a few years."

Eris raised an eyebrow. "A few?"

She groaned and made to rise on her elbows but her arms were not listening to her. Eris pulled her up instead and placed a soft kiss on her brow.

"Enough years to make a century. Does it please you to hear that?" she said, only half contrite.