2Kim

"Where are you going?" Chaewon stood at the door, confusion etched all over her face, as she watched Minju pack things into a suitcase.

The girl flinched, not at all hearing Chaewon's approach up until she spoke, "God, Chaewon!" she giggled, easing the frown lines on the older girl's forehead, "You scared me.".

Setting down the small pile of folded tops she held on the bed, Minju walked over to Chaewon, who was yet to say anything more to further express her confusion. She let Minju hug her, settling into it as she wrapped her arms round Minju's waist, pulling her in tight.

"Good day?" Minju didn't fully pull away, only enough to face Chaewon, who nodded, punctuated with a small hum, "Mhm.". "Boring?" Minju asked because, really, she knew Chaewon hated that she made her get a job.

With another nod, Chaewon finally spoke up, "It's silly that I've stooped down to working amongst... normal people. In customer service.". Chaewon didn't grimace as she said it, like she used to, back when she thought she was completely above working in retail.

"Would you rather everyone ask how on earth we afford this place?" Minju tilted her head, already seeing the defeat in Chaewon's eyes. 'This place' wasn't anything crazy, but two girls only a few years past graduation shouldn't have had such an easy time with all the bills.

They've had this conversation way too many times, and Minju won every time.

No, one seemingly young girl with a job in a fairly common clothes store couldn't pay for a nice apartment alone, but said seemingly young girl wasn't exactly young, and it wasn't the job paying for the apartment.

Chaewon shook her head, both answering Minju and wanting to shake off the distraction that came in the form of conversation. "Where are you going?" she repeated.

Stepping back from Chaewon, Minju turned to face their room, only just taking in its state. "Wow, looks like a tornado's run through here." she said to herself, amused.

Seeing Minju act her usual self, Chaewon couldn't think up anything suspicious. She was packing a suitcase and, had Minju been any less jolly, Chaewon would've jumped to conclusions, thinking Minju had finally come to her senses.

Before Chaewon could open her mouth to ask again, Minju spoke, "You're meant to be asking 'where are we going'.". She turned to look at Chaewon again, the downturned eyebrows back on her face.

Smiling, Minju hopped up close to press a kiss onto Chaewon's lips. "You thought I was leaving?" she was teasing, smug. Chaewon nodded.

Minju only wanted to tease more. 

With others, Chaewon was a woman of few words, very committed to the 'cool and mysterious' bit, but, over time, Minju had managed to thaw out everything cold about her, wringing out that excited chatterbox that could talk from dusk till dawn.

(Not the only thing Chaewon could do from dusk till dawn.) 

Minju loves that about her. Minju loves most things about her.

Apart from when she regressed back to playing the part when it suited her.

"Why?" Minju softened up on the girl, taking her hand. God knows if Minju walked in on Chaewon packing up a suitcase, she'd assume the worst and probably start crying.

"You didn't say anything." Chaewon replied.

Lightly squeezing Chaewon's hand, Minju brought up her other hand to wrap behind Chaewon's neck, pulling her in for another quick kiss. "It was meant to be a surprise." Minju admitted, punctuating with yet another short kiss.