casa amor (love island au)

a/n: but make it kpop ggs :) in the spirit of the messiest casa amor recoupling i've ever seen in the history of uk love island

"Hey girls, how's it going?" Taeyeon greeted the twelve girls that were sat around the villa's fire pit, strutting over as she readied herself to be mediator, and spectator, to what she knew was always an intense scene when it came to this show. She got a few smiles in response, uneasy and worried, but they were somewhat of a reply nonetheless.

Everyone was tense, unaware of what could unfold, some already trying to muster up some words in their heads just in case things went awry.

Having watched the events of the three-day separation of the original twelve girls, a time period that viewers of the show always loved for its drama: Casa Amor, Taeyeon had a feeling she knew how this recoupling was going to go, yet she had to put on something of a poker face, trying not to look Ahn Yujin's way with anything too pitiful.

"So, as you know," Taeyeon began, knowing it would be best for everyone to just get on with it, the suspense killing them all, "The other original six girls from the villa have been away, at Casa Amor, getting to know six other girls. As far as Love Island goes, Casa Amor is the real test for every couple.".

Some nods were shared around the fire pit, all agreeing with Taeyeon's points, "And tonight," as she spoke, Taeyeon looked over all the girls, practically able to see the tension oozing out of them, "We'll be seeing the results.".

Not needing to delay it any further, Taeyeon took a deep breath before speaking up again, "Alright, new girls, would you please come form a line next to me.". The six girls that had only just entered the villa three days ago all stood in a line beside Taeyeon, holding hands with each other as they faced the original six girls, sat spaced out around the fire pit.

"Sooyoung, you're up first." Taeyeon called out, offering the girl a smile as she stood up, "Tell me about your experience during this Casa Amor period.". "Well," Sooyoung exhaled a deep breath, eyeing the line of girls standing by Taeyeon's side, "first off, it's been great to see new faces in the villa, have some fun with some new girls. Even though I haven't been here long myself, it's nice to have the opportunity to get to know other people, outside of my couple. It's been a good time, for all of us I'm sure and I've been lucky enough to explore some new connections too on top of that.".

"And who, exactly, did you explore a connection with?" Taeyeon prompted, for Sooyoung's ease, "I've spoken to both Jiwoo and Jueun for the past three days, and they're both so different to each other, so it's been difficult to try and make a decision.". The two mentioned girls were stood next to each other, no bad blood between them at all, despite going for the same girl.

Looking down at her heels for a moment, Jiwoo let out a nervous breath, feeling Jueun's hand lightly squeeze hers in an attempt to comfort her; it worked and Jiwoo looked up to meet her eye, gratefully smiling. They both looked back to Sooyoung, who would soon have to choose between them and the girl she'd been coupled up with before.

"Three days ago, you were coupled up with Jungeun, and she's now been away at Casa Amor, potentially exploring her own connections." Taeyeon narrated, knowing that's exactly what Jungeun had been doing, "Now you have to make a decision, would you like to stick with Jungeun, or couple up with one of our beautiful new girls?".

"Getting to know Jungeun the past week or so has been really good, I think we both felt like there was a spark there but, obviously, we haven't had much time together and I'd think it'd be wrong for either of us to not go out of our way to get to know other girls too. That's what I've been doing with my time here and I hope Jungeun's done the same too, 'cause I'm sure she wouldn't have had all her eggs in my basket so soon. And in doing so, I have found myself something good." Sooyoung was trying to reason, for herself, Taeyeon, and maybe even the viewers, really hoping she wasn't being set up to be some sort of bad guy, "So I've decided to couple up with one of the new girls.".