Chapter 27-Answered Prayers

Ceiver has been changed to Keiver. Poor guy couldn't pronounce his own name properly in the first ver.

-----

Holding a sleeping Emera tight, she took one last look at her appearance in the mirror. Her long reddish-brown hair was tied in a tight ponytail, held together by a blue ribbon. She pressed the front of her black uniform jacket with the light blue lines running over the sleeves. Reaching her chest, she fixed the blue ribbon that had moved because of her draeling's movement. Next, she made sure that the black pants were perfectly tucked into her boots before finally nodding in satisfaction.

Nothing out of place. Let's make it a perfect day today.

Soon enough, she left her room headed downstairs, and arrived at the lobby of Star Dorm. There she found her fellow Sentires, waiting as per tradition, for their Dormitory Supervisor to lead them towards the auditorium. for the semester's opening ceremony. It was quite tedious if you asked her, and a waste of time since they all knew how to get there themselves. But no, traditions must be followed.

Giving a short nod of greeting to the three third-years and four second-years, she made her way to her fellow first-years. She was quick to spot Keiver, their youngest who had short brown hair and dark brown eyes, quietly sitting to the side as the Munstone twins bickered in front of him. Once more, Solana and Knox were busy arguing about their breakfast—as they have always done since they were kids. It was a never-ending argument and she had already learned to let their words about breakfast pass through one ear and out the other.

River stepped out from the dining area, carrying an apple which he immediately gave to Keiver. Ignoring the twins, Areisha approached the platinum blonde who looked up at her approach with dark blue eyes. "Is Rei coming?"

River shrugged, and Areisha nodded. So Rei would not be coming, and would probably just play hooky again like he did last semester. "Good morning, Keiver," she greeted the boy next to River. She got a wave and muffled Hi from behind a mouthful of apples. She chuckled and shook her head at the sight.

The sound of the door opening ceased the noise of the twin's bickering and the murmurs of the other Sentires. "Good morning, everyone!" Gael said with the brightest smile she had ever seen from the man. "We are once again following this ridiculous and tedious tradition of leading you all to the auditorium, which I'm sure you already won't have trouble finding! Endure this a few more years, and maybe I can wear down Headmaster Donovan into getting rid of this, okay?"

Areisha's lips twitched as she fought off the smile. Gael had changed so much in the last couple of years, and she sometimes forgot how feral Gael was to people when they were kids. Something was a little different today, though. The man's sunny disposition was even brighter than the last time she saw him, which was just a few days ago. What could have happened in such a short time?

Solana appeared to have noticed and raised her hand to ask. "Good morning, Professor. What made you so happy today?"

Gael's smile grew wider. "Just the most amazing week of my life. A couple of my wishes were granted—and I've been having a good laugh at someone's misery since yesterday afternoon."

At Gael's last answer, they heard a groan from just outside the double doors of the dorm. Gael laughed and opened it wider. Behind the door, Alec Arden stood glaring at Gael while cradling a baby drae in his arms. He wore a dark blue turtleneck under a long-sleeved shirt, with a neckline that dipped low to the chest area. Loose black plants, with many pockets at the side, hugged his legs. To complete the look, his feet were clad in black boots with dark blue laces. Under the warm light of the sun, she could properly see his face which was partly hidden by the shade last time.