Chapter 22-Test

Knox closed the door behind him as he left the Prefect's Office, Uby landing on his shoulder. The little draeling sensed his stress from the meeting and rubbed his head on his neck. He reached up and petted his head. Although they were students, being a prefect entailed some responsibilities like helping out the staff with various matters. As the prefect for the first-year students, he had been busy handling various matters and concerns for the start of the new semester. He loved his role, but sometimes he wished that they would remember that he was only human and not be so demanding.

He sighed and went to look for Solana and Dia, who had disappeared the moment he mentioned that the head prefect had called for a meeting. Shaking his head at his twin's behavior, he walked into the lobby where he found some students mingling about. He was about to pass a group of them but stopped when he heard their conversation.

"Did you hear about Professor Gael's brother?"

"Yeah, I heard he applied as a teaching assistant and took the written test this morning."

"Did you see him?"

"Yeah...he's...so handsome...no, beautiful is the word."

"I swooned. I also wanted to jump him and ask him to marry me."

Knox's lips twitched. The group fell silent as they stared at their friend.

"What? I'm not the only one who wants to do that."

"But nobody dares to say it aloud. You're a brave person. I don't want to be like you at all."

One friend held out a water bottle. "Here's water to calm your thirst."

"Water won't be enough."

Palming his forehead, Knox approached and cleared his throat. The moment the group of friends saw him, they fell silent. The one who said they wanted to jum—marry Alec guzzled down the water their friend gave them. He could only sigh. These were the times he wondered why he loved his role as prefect.

Before he could open his mouth to talk to them, he felt a familiar weight land on his back. Small arms wrapped around his waist and he sighed for the second time. Dia flew around them in circles, chirping a greeting at Uby.

"Knox!" Solana said. "Let's go to the lakeside battleground. Alec is taking a practical test there. Let's go cheer him on!"

The two draeling's heads snapped to attention when at the mention of Alec's name. Knox chuckled.

It was always so hard to say no to Solana when she was being so enthusiastic about something. She had only known Alec for a few days and only spent one afternoon with him, but she was already treating him like family.

So have I.

It was amazing how the two of them warmed up to Gael's brother so quickly. But it wasn't surprising when he thought about it. Gael was family, and now his family was their family too.

Also, Alec looked cold and quiet, but Knox noticed that he was just an awkward guy. Alec did not seem to know how to interact much with people, which is why he prefers to be quiet. The draes also adored Alec, to the point that he seemed a little...too abnormal. No one has been acknowledged by every drae they met before. Most draes would ignore people, and some would be hostile.

"He's like the Drae Prince!" Solana told him the night after meeting Alec.

"From that fairy tale book? The one who was raised by draes?" He had asked.

"Yes! Isn't it amazing?"

"Alec might really be just an amazingly kind person if the draes love him this much."