Accumulation

"What did she say?" Before Xue Rui could enter the classroom, Wang Dong impatiently jumped up to ask questions.

"Nothing, just scolding me to change the department." Xue Rui still felt wronged.

"Huh!" Wang Dong snorted at her, "Who asked you to even fill up the Agility Attack system when all your skills are in the control type? You still have the nerve to feel wronged?"

"I just thought the Agility Attack system was cool." Xue Rui tried to explain. A certain red bird on her shoulder chirped with her. "Chirp!"

"Hey, where did this bird come from?" Wang Dong tried to look up at the little bird closely. "What species is this?"

Xue Rui smiled, "What if I say Phoenix, do you believe it?"

"As if!" Wang Dong puffed up, "Even Huo Yuhao won't believe it either! This small bird—how can it be a phoenix?"

"Chirp! Chirp!"

"Where's Yuhao?" Xue Rui didn’t see Huo Yuhao beside Wang Dong and asked casually.

"He went to the Soul Guide Department. Don't stand there. Class is about to start." Just as Wang Dong reminded her, a teacher entered the classroom 1. It was Wang Yan, who was very interested in their soul skills before.

Of the four classes in Year 1, Class 1 was undoubtedly the strongest. But they weren’t the largest class; that title belonged to the diverse Class 4. This was because the total number of assault-type and control-type soul masters amongst the freshmen didn’t exceed sixty.

"Before we start, let's have a simple introduction. I am Wang Yan and I am responsible for your study in the following year as a class teacher. I have seen your student reports, all of you are excellent. But we still need two class monitors among you."

The moment Xue Rui sat down on her seat, Huo Yuhao shouted from outside the classroom, “Reporting in!”

“Enter,” Wang Yan’s voice rang out. After Huo Yuhao had entered the classroom, all of the students in the classroom’s gazes immediately gathered on him.

Wang Yan smiled. “Yuhao, you came at just the right time. We’re about to begin the selection of the class monitor. Come in and take a seat first.”

Although their classes had been re-divided, Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong’s seating arrangements hadn’t changed. On the contrary, Xue Rui now sat to Huo Yuhao’s left, which allowed the three to be seated in a single row.

As he stood behind the podium, Wang Yan said, “Next up, we’ll be electing the class monitor and assistant class monitor of our class. Our class consists of assault-type and control-type soul masters, so each monitor will be in charge of a single System. We’ll be re-electing both monitors each month. Now then, I’ll nominate a few people, then let everyone cast their votes into a ballot.”

As the result could have been, Wang Dong won from the assault department and Huo Yuhao won from the control department. Xue Rui sighed in relief, being a class monitor is not for everyone.

Xue Rui thought Dai Huabin would cause trouble, but he didn’t. Wu Feng on the other hand rised up a trouble, questioning Huo Yuhao. As a result a challenge was agreed upon after class.

After class, Xue Rui didn’t stop to participate in the drama. The little bird had been chirping in her ear since morning. It's time to go see Senior Xie.

When Xue Rui reaches their usual place, Xie Siran was there cultivating sitting in a lotus position. Without thinking much, Xue Rui sat down in front to him and started running her soul power in her body.

Xie Siran opened his eyes to look at her for a moment and closed them again to continue cultivating.

Who knows how long have passed, the sun gradually reached the horizon, the orangish rays of light fall on them, mesmerising and peaceful. When both of them opened their eyes again, they simultaneously looked at each others.

"That— senior brother, why did you summon me this time?" Because of the competition, their usual cultivation schedule was messed up, so they had fewer chance to cultivate together.

"New training plan. I heard you changed your department." Xie Siran spoke slowly but eventually poked at her embarrassing point.

Xue Rui couldn’t laugh or cry, muttered, "Hm. Just changed it to control department. All of my soul skills are control type."

Contrary to what Xue Rui expected, Xie Siran didn’t mock or scold, just simply reminded, "New training will start from tomorrow. Get yourself mentally prepared. Did you get the soul bone? Merge with it. I will stay on guard."

"Now?" Xue Rui asked looking up at the sky.

"Hm. There's fewer people here. No one will disturb."

Xue Rui didn’t talk anymore and quickly got into business. After picking up the soul bone from the bag, she set it on her left leg and started merging.

A burning pain came from her left leg. As if someone repeatedly hammering her leg bone. It was horribly painful. She had already read how to accept a soul bone in books, but this process was still new to her when she did it herself. But a vague expectation emerged within which helped her to stay awake.

Xie Siran, as he said before, stood beside her and looking at her. A bit in a daze. Who knew what was going on in his head.

"Success!" Xue Rui jumped up with a smile, forgetting the pain she went though. Naturally, you couldn’t gain something without a price. She knew it well.

"Is is teleportation?" Xie Siran asked.

"No! I got lucky. I can't believe, I actually got  the invincible golden body skill." Xue Rui smiled ear to ear in a good mood.

Xie Siran nodded. "Go ahead, it’s late. Come to training tomorrow on time." He turned around and flew away towards the Sea God Lake, Inner Academy, leaving his back view with his red flame wings.

Xue Rui noticed that the little red bird also vanished, it seemed to have merged with senior Xie.

Let's go. Go and see how much progress I've made. What has been accumulated in the past months!

After Xue Rui closed the door of her dormitory, she quickly emptied out her storage soul guide.

Wow! She forgot the box Ma Xiaotao gave her!

And there's still a lot of pills in the storage soul guide Senior Siran gave before the competition.

She decided not to take them at the moment. She just got a soul bone and her soul power has rised two level. Now she was level 34. So she put away the pills, these could be used when she would reach a breakthrough in the future.

Xue Rui looked at the box Ma Xiaotao gave her and opened it.

"This! This Senior sister is too rich!"

Inside the box, there were three spiritual herbs. Although not in the same grade as the Immortal Herbs, these were just a grade lower but these would already be very hard for people to afford, not to mention, with only money no one can buy them, you need connection and power.

Ice Spirit Herb.

Bone Strengthening Herb.

Misty Soul Gathering Herb.

All of these were herbs that were top of the ranking of spirit herbs. And the combined price would be about the same as a soul bone of ten thousands years.

Xue Rui felt a heavy pie fall from the sky and hit her really hard. She was dreaming, she instantly became rich overnight!

The author has something to say:

Hi~ I am late again! The updates in this month might be a bit irregular, please bear with me! [Guilty]
Stay healthy and pray for me~