Xie Huanyue

Mu Jin was completely astonished as she stood in the Spectator’s Stand. Her team had two Soul Grandmasters and a Soul Elder! The latter even had the Seven Treasures Glazed Pagoda, which was known as the ‘Number One Tool Soul Under The Heaven’. Despite all of this, they’d actually lost!

However, the facts were right in front of her: Ning Tian’s team had lost.

A trace of a smile appeared in Fan Yu’s eyes as he said to Zhou Yi, “This was truly a marvelous match. Your students have astonished me greatly; especially Huo Yuhao. I didn’t think that he’d actually have an ability like this.”

There was only a gratified look in Zhou Yi’s eyes. “Let’s go.” As she spoke, she took the initiative to walk towards the stairs. When she walked past Mu Jin, she glanced coldly at her. However, she didn’t say anything. Instead, she jumped forward and leaped off the twenty-meter-tall stage.

Fan Yu didn’t even seem to see Mu Jin as he followed Zhou Yi.

After the match, Xue Rui returned to her dormitory tiredly. After taking a bath, she sat down at her desk and carefully summarized today's match.

She is really lagging. She can't fight so smoothly and perfectly like Wang Dong. She is not as fast as Nanmen Yun'er. She doesn’t have super fast reflexes that an agility-type soul master should have. But most importantly, she can't utilize her soul skills.

Maybe because her world was always peaceful in her eyes, she never felt the threat of danger. But that was a serious drawback. In Douluo, being weak is an original sin.

Xue Rui thought for a while but found out that, she couldn’t achieve it overnight, she had to improve gradually. It would take time!

But if she wanted to achieve results faster, she needed a partner. Speaking of a partner, Xue Rui quickly thought of a person.

Xie Siran.

Just at that moment, a chirp sounded outside of her window. —Good! That's an opportunity to improve! —Xue Rui then happily followed the little red bird.

Only a single day had passed, yet a large number of freshmen had already been eliminated from the freshmen's assessment. After the second day finished, only the top 16 teams would remain from this year’s freshmen assessment. Everyone that had reached this point could be considered an excellent figure from this year’s freshmen; so much so that they could even be considered as one of the most outstanding figures amongst their peers in the entire continent.

During the lot drawing for the top 16, Huo Yuhao’s team saw a few familiar faces. Huang Chutian’s team—who they’d beaten during the round-robin tournament—had entered the top 16 as well.

Huo Yuhao whispered to Wang Dong, “How long do you think the Lan sisters will have to rest for them to use their fusion skill again?”

Wang Dong replied, “I don’t think it’ll be that long. Their fusion skill wasn’t that strong. Its ability to restrict opponents isn’t too bad though. However, they aren’t able to maintain the drain on their soul power for a long time. If we meet them again, you won’t even need to make a move. As long as you help me activate my Light of the Butterfly Goddess, I’ll be able to break their fusion skill.”

"It’s okay too. I can freeze them again." Xue Rui added.

While they talked, they continued to observe the rest of their opponents. At this point in the tournament, Huo Yuhao was probably the only one-ringed Soul Master left.

There were even more people in the Spectator’s Stand today. The stands had already been filled up, despite the matches not yet having started. Strangely, there was a space in the middle of the stands that was about three or so square meters wide. An old man with disheveled hair and holes all over his clothes was sitting there with his legs dangling off the edge of the stand. He was drinking alcohol from a reddish-purple gourd that he was holding in his hands. In addition to that, there were a few pieces of fried chicken that had been placed on oiled paper in front of him. He was also holding a fried chicken leg in his off-hand.

Every single person who was watching the tournament from the Spectator’s Stand was a teacher at Shrek Academy, yet nobody had even dared to approach this old man, much less question him.

Wang Yan respectfully walked over to the sloppily dressed old man and whispered, “Xuan Lao, you’ve come.”

“Yep.” The old man simply snorted before he continued eating and drinking.

Wang Yan pointed towards the stage below and said, “The three youngsters that I talked about are over there. Yesterday….”

When he got to this point, Xuan Lao impatiently waved his fried chicken leg around and said, “I’ll take a look for myself.”

"Yes." Wang Yan stepped to the side, as he didn’t dare to say anything else.

After the lot drawing ended, the round of 16 formally began.

The area used for each individual match was widened once again, and eight massive arenas all simultaneously began their matches. This time around, Huo Yuhao’s team was facing a rather strange team. In contrast to yesterday’s match—when they’d fought against three girls—they were now fighting against three boys.

Once their opponents entered the arena, they stood in a horizontal line. The person who stood in the center was a fat boy. According to the enrollment rules of Shrek Academy, he was twelve at most. However, his body really didn’t seem like that of a twelve-year-old’s!

He was at least 1.7 meters tall, which meant that he was at least a head taller than anyone on Huo Yuhao’s team. More importantly, the length of his waist seemed to approach 1.7 meters as well…

As he stood there, he looked like a miniature mountain of meat.

On the other hand, the two people standing next to him seemed like sprouts in comparison to him. Not only were they shorter than him by a head, they were even slightly emaciated. The two of them seemed somewhat similar as if they were brothers. However, they weren’t twins. Something notable was that their arms were particularly slender.

If one were to look at these three students from a distance, the two skinny students would probably be overlooked.

“Both sides, introduce yourselves. Prepare for the match to begin.” The proctor said in a deep voice.

The mountain-sized boy slapped his chest fiercely, causing the fat on his body to jiggle.

“I’m Xie Huanyue from Class 2.”

“Class 2, Luo Tianlong.”

“Class 2, Luo Tianba.”

The two skinny students had names that sounded extremely domineering.

Huo Yuhao’s team then introduced themselves one by one. When the proctor announced the start of the match, the round of 16 formally started.

However, Huo Yuhao’s team was already twitching their faces before the two sides had even clashed.

The reason behind this was very simple; they met another three-ringed expert.

Xue couldn’t help but comment, “Are we just this unlucky, or is the school deliberately playing with us?”

"There are only four three-ring soul masters in the entire freshmen competition, there's already you, and we met two of them! What is this?" Wang Dong was equally shocked.

Xue Rui didn’t feel comforted.