Cooperation

Ma Xiaotao felt a subtle attribute suppression from her.

Turning around, she said, "Okay, I'll remember you. Little Xu!" With her back view, she swayed away, leaving Xu Sanshi to catch up with her.

Xue Rui took back her martial soul calmly. But Wang Dong wasn’t calm. He threw an arm around her shoulder and started babbling, "Xue Rui! Ah, Xue Rui! You hide too deeply. You are actually a twin martial soul? That way our freshman competition will be like bullying others! Hahaha!"

Xue Rui silently removed his hand from her shoulder and cursed at him in her heart. 'As if you don't have three martial souls!'

While they were chatting, Bei Bei and Tang Ya arrived side-by-side. Huo Yuhao took out the fish that he’d saved for them beforehand to treat them to a few roasted fish.

“Junior brother, the freshman assessment is about to start. I’ve just obtained accurate info: You’ll be registering in the morning, while the assessment will start in the afternoon. You have to prepare well.” Bei Bei’s demeanor was still as gentle as before.

Huo Yuhao nodded and said, “I’ll definitely work hard to pass the assessment.”

Bei Bei laughed, while Tang Ya said, “Little Yuhao, even if I’m your teacher, I can’t just eat this many of your roasted fish for free. I’ll give you something nice. You can use it when the time arises.” As she spoke, she handed something that resembled a pouch to Huo Yuhao. “When you get back to your dorm room, store what’s inside in your Twenty-Four Moonlit Bridges. Make sure to be careful when you’re using it. Don’t hit any vital points. Also, you’ll need to start learning how to refine soul tools after the assessment. At that time, I’ll teach you a few more secret techniques.”

“Thank you, Teacher Xiao Ya.” Huo Yuhao received the pouch, roughly able to guess what was inside.

Xue Rui also understood they were talking about hidden weapons. She remained silent. Since she had decided not to join the tang sect, it's better to minimize your presence in front of them.

Beibei suddenly cued her, "Junior Sister Xue, it might be a little abrupt but do you know Xie Siran?"

Tang Ya also turned her attention to them. "Xie Siran? That Xie Siran? Why did you ask this sister this? Wait, junior sister Xue Rui, do you really know that monster?"

Monster?

Xue Rui felt speechless. It seemed like Xie Siran really left a huge shadow in everyone's mind.

"Yes. He is senior brother."

"Oh? He took you as a junior sister?" Beibei was quite shocked. "But his cultivation technique is only suitable for Phoenix martial soul."

Wang Dong at the side couldn’t wait to jump into the conversation. "I know! I know! Xue Rui is a twin martial soul. Both of her martial souls are ice attributes. Her second martial soul is the Ice Phoenix."

Tang Ya and Beibei were a bit shocked. But after all, as Shrek students they have seen the world. It wasn’t too surprising. But Tang Ya was quite unhappy. She wanted to take this Xue Rui in her Tang Sect only to find out that Xie Siran took away the chance.

"Senior Beibei, how do you know about Xie Siran?" Xue Rui asked.

Beibei sighed. "Originally, Xie Siran was my classmate. We entered the academy at the same time. But he was a desperate guy. Cultivating all day long. And he was naturally talented. As he rose in soul power rank, he skipped many years, and last year he directly entered the inner courtyard with excellent results."

Tang Ya at the side muttered, "Monster!"
Xue Rui nodded silently. It's really too powerful.

"Alright, we Won't waste time here. You guys prepare for your competition. The rewards for the top three teams are very generous. Tang Ya!" After saying that, Beibei and Tang Ya left the three alone.

Huo Yuhao proposed, "Hey, Let's practice our cooperation. We need to get used to each other's skills to bring out the best output."

"Okay." Wang Dong and Xue Rui responded.

They found a remote area and chose it as their temporary battlefield.

Huo Yuhao started, “I’ll start first. I have a spiritual-type martial soul. I can use a skill known as Spiritual Detection Sharing, which can let you detect any movements within a fifty-meter diameter in a fairly detailed manner. At the same time, it can also predict an opponent’s movements to a certain extent.”

Wang Dong said, “I’m an assault system soul master. Short-range and long-range attacks are both okay for me. I’m also able to fly.”

Xue Rui also introduced her soul skills to them. "My second martial soul doesn’t have any soul rings. So I can only fly after possessing this martial soul."

Wang Dong asked, “How’re we going to train? Are we just going to use our soul skills once?”

Xue Rui immediately refuted him, “How would that be useful? You naturally need to have a fight for training to be the most effective. You’re an assault system soul master, so you can be on one side, while the class monitor and I will be on the other side. Let’s have a match.”

“You two against me?” Wang Dong raised his right hand, wagging his forefinger as he said, “That won’t do!”

But his words were ignored. The whole afternoon, they fought. Xue Rui naturally only used her Frost Bow in this training. But their cooperation was very smooth.

After fighting, they felt very fulfilled and they were exhausted enough to gasp for air after lying down on the grass.

Huo Yuhao sighed, "I really hope that we can win this freshman assessment." Wang Dong sat up and exclaimed, "We will! Definitely!"

Huo Yuhao extended his right hand horizontally towards them, and Wang Dong walked over and placed his right hand on his hand. Xue Rui liked the atmosphere and placed her hand on the top.

Huo Yuhao then said, “From now on, we’re comrades on the same team. As for the freshmen examination, we want to be champions.”

“We want to be champions!” The three simultaneously shouted. At this moment, the relationship between them had deepened further.