Distance

3 months later and the pair still hasn't spoken.

Ben had been avoiding Miranda. He was punishing himself for all the pain he caused her. He figured he had gave her enough pain and it would be best to leave her be. He had even been thinking of taking a position that was offered to him in LA. He was told by his captain to take time off until he could get his head straight. He was slipping into a depression that dean tried his hardest to help him from.

Miranda on the other hand was "coping". She was sad and angry. Her old feelings had resurfaced the more she tried to ignore them. She missed Ben alot more than she wanted to admit. She never stopped loving or wanting him. She just never could get over him leaving. She also noticed he stopped trying to contact her and she didnt see him dropping off patients. When she asked Dean about it he would always shrug it off.

Today though had been a long day for miranda. She had just got home from work and was tired. She showered and got ready for bed as her mind filled with thoughts. Too consumed by them she decided to get in bed hoping she could sleep it off. Her eyes closed but her mind was still racked with thoughts mainly about ben. She took a deep breath before grabbing her phone. She hovered over his contact before deciding against it. Instead she watched The Good Doctor and let her mind drift to sleep.

Ben on the other hand was looking into the position offered to him. He wondered before deciding to take the job. He thought it would be for the best. He started looking for houses in LA but soon closed the laptop noticing how late it was.

The next day he decided to start his morning with a run. During that run he really thought about his decision and decided to leave that night. He needed to get away as soon as possible. The longer he stayed in Seattle the more he thought of her. When he got back home he sent a bouquet of flowers with a note to her job as a final goodbye. He was sad that this would be the end of their story but maybe it was for the best. He showered and started to pack his essentials he would come get the rest another day.

Miranda on the hand woke up feeling worse than last night. The only thing that plagued her mind was Ben and she couldn't shake a weird feeling in her heart. She shook it off before heading to work. After her first couple of surgeries she decided to sit in her office and take a breather before heading home. Walking into her office she was greeted by a beautiful arrangement of her favorite flowers. She slowly grabbed the note before reading it.

There aren't enough apologies to mend your heart. Ive realized there is no fixing it. The hurt Ive caused you makes me so angry with myself. I dont want to bring any more pain into your world. By tonight Ill be gone, Far away so you can finally be free. I hope one day your heart will forgive me. Goodbye Miranda Bailey.
                                                 Sincerely, Ben

Miranda sobbed as she grabbed her phone. Trying to call Ben, the number was out of reach. She guessed he changed it. Her next call was Dean. He answered around the third ring.

"Yes?"

"Where is Ben?" she asked with desperation in her voice.

"He left out of state Dr.Bailey. He wanted to do right by you."

Miranda nodded and hung up before breaking down. She was hurt before but now she was devastated. All she wanted now was to lay in his arm and tell him how much she loved him. But her hurt had pushed him away. It pushed him so much that he had disappeared from her world and all she could do was cry.

Ben on the other hand wasn't happy to leave but he thought it would make her happy, but boy was he wrong.

Its been so longgg, Ive been busy. So I gave yall a little something for now.