Tense

Miranda sat in her thoughts as all her old feelings overwhelmed her. Before she could panic her phone ringed as Callie's name flashed across the screen.

She quickly answered and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Yes?"

"The cops have Tucker in custody, you're safe to come home when you want. Though I'm guessing someone's been keeping you busy." Callie said humorously.

Miranda quickly shut her down, " No, I'm ready to come home. The longer I'm around him, the more I'm reminded of that night."

Callie sighed before speaking, "I understand. Mark will be coming later with Avery after their shift to get you."

"Okay, Thank you Callie."

"Always." She said before hanging up.

Miranda wiped her tears before packing her things. Night was coming soon and she didn't want to wait to go home.

As she was struggling to drag her suitcase down the steps, Ben walked in from work.

He quickly put his keys down and helped her before questioning her.

"Where are you going?"

"Uhh, home. Tucker was arrested." She said making minimal eye contact.

He eyed her, noting she seemed more tense and had streaks on her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Miranda-"

"IM FINE BENJAMIN" She semi yelled quickly getting annoyed.

"What did I do to you?"

"What haven't you done, Look last night was a mistake. I should've never let that happen." She said , that last part more so being to herself.

"It wasn't a mistake for me." He said trying to pull her closer.

Miranda shook her head, backing away. "No. No. I can't. I dont think you quite understand the degree in which you hurt me. I wouldve done anything for you, went anywhere for, given my life to you and you left me. You accused me daily of cheating on you , when I never did. I will admit after I while I was intentionally distant but it was because I didnt want to come home after a lind day of studying and exams to you berating me about cheating on you when I knew I wasn't. " She said through tears and pulling on her fingers trying to remain calm.

Ben just listened as hurt filled his body and eyes. He never intended to hurt her, he was just young and insecure. If he could do it over again he would've helped relieve her stress instead of adding onto it.

"A part of me died that night. A part of me I don't know if i'll ever be able to get it back. I loved you more than anything-"

"Miranda, I'm so sorry. Just talk to me , tell me everything. I feel like you're holding back. Miranda please-"

"I HAD A MISCARRIAGE, okay?" Tears fell even more and Ben's face filled with hurt and confusion.

"what?" he said barely above a whisper.

"I- I was crying and having breakdown after you left. I went to get up and blood trickled down my legs. I panicked and called Callie. She and Mark took me to the hospital and I found out I was 3 months pregnant. They said my body was under so much stress and pressure that I miscarried."

The room filled with silence as Ben took in the information. His mind with regret and guilt. He felt like it was his fault.

"I'm sorry. If I could go back and change things I would but please give me another chance."

"I don't know, Ben." she sighed as the door bell rung.

Ben opened to reveal Mark and Jackson grabbing her bags to take her home. She left only giving Ben a small glance, too ashamed to really look at him.

On the other hand Ben now wished his house wasn't so quiet, he hoped something could drown out his thoughts.