Chapter 19: Through the Jungle

[At the hotel]

Mavis knocks on Drac's door, and opens it.
Mavis: Dad? I really need to talk to you. Dad, are you in here?
She opens the coffin in the middle of the room.
Mavis: Dad?
She sighs to herself.
Mavis: Where is he?
She walks up to his desk and sees a drawing she made when she was younger, as well as plans for the party, and a box. She opens the box and finds the key to the hotel. She reaches out to grab it, but closes the box. When she does, the plans for the party roll up, revealing a speech beneath it. She picked it up to read it.
Mavis: "...To give the key to the hotel to my beloved daughter Mavis"?! I was right! Dad did want to give me the hotel. But then what made him change his mind?
She left the room, and almost got run over by a stampede of monster dogs, and a dog blobby, with Dennis and Whinnie following them.
Mavis: Oh, hey, sweetie. Have you seen papa Drac or your father?
They both look up and speak in a monotone voice.
Whinnie/Dennis: That was not my father, just some random monster. Everything is normal.
Mavis: Okay, yep, something's definitely going on.

[With Drac and Y/n]

Y/n was hiding in Drac's phone again when they landed.
Drac: Why are you in my phone?
Y/n: Because I'm made of electricity right now? Do you know how dangerous that is? If even the smallest part of my body touches someone, they could be turned to ash.
Drac struggles with pushing his luggage out of the door.
Y/n: Uh, you sure you got this Drac?
Drac: I said I got it!
He steps into the sunlight and looks down.
Drac: Huh?
He then looks up, directly at the sun.
Y/n: Oh, uh, don't do that.
Drac: The sun!
He throws himself into his luggage and closes it.
Drac, whimpering: Oh, no, the sun.
Y/n: Drac, dude, you're not a monster anymore, the sun doesn't turn you to ash now.
Drac slowly comes out of the luggage and looks up at the sun again.
Y/n: Dude that's gonna mess up your vision.
Drac: The sun-- it's...magnificent. I cannot believe that my whole life I have missed this elegant splendor. It's glorious. It's wonderful. It's...it's...it's burning my eyes!
Y/n: I tried to warn you.
Drac covers his eyes to stop the pain and runs into traffic, cars swerving to not hit him, Y/n jumps out of Drac's phone and creates a lightning strike to stop traffic, then brings Drag to the sidewalk.
Y/n: Alright, lesson one, don't look at the sun, I'll see what I can do for transportation.

[Back at the Hotel]

In Van Helsing's lab, the cage with Gigi in it breaks as Gigi evolves.
Van Helsing: Huh?
He goes to identify the cause of the sound.
Van Helsing: Gigi?
He turns the corner and sees the cage broken. He approaches the broken cage and sees Gigi grown to a gigantic size.
Van Helsing, gasping: Gigi! Oops.

[With Y/n and Drac]

The two were taking a very slow bus through the jungle, the people on the bus singing along to the song on the radio.
Drac: Why are we going so slowly?
Y/n: Let me see, oh, this is an electric bus, how convenient.
Drac: But why are we going to slow?
Y/n: We're at 20% battery, sit tight, I got this.
He jumps into the bus's circuitry and charges the bus to 100%, making it drive at it's normal speed, if not a bit faster.

[Back at the Hotel]

The Ice Statue's head falls off due to it melting as the staff cleans up the party. The ex-monsters quickly make their way out of the party room, before leaving, Wayne grabs an apron and ties it around Griffin.
Murray: Have you seriously been naked this whole time?
Griffin: Uh, yeah. Why would only my glasses be visible?
Frank: I-I don't get it. Why are we hiding?
Wayne: 'Cause if Mavis sees us, she's gonna know something's up. Look, Drac said he and Y/n will be back with a cure. We just need to lay low until then.
The door to the basement opens and Mavis walks out, right as Ericka comes out of the Elevator. The four ex-monsters hide behind a trolley with enough luggage on it to make a wall.
Mavis: Have you seen my dad?
Ericka: Have you seen your dad?
Mavis/Ericka: Huh?
Ericka: No, I haven't seen him since the party.
Wanda: Oh, hey, has anyone seen Wayne?
Eunice: Where is Frank?
Griffin: Shh!
Eunice: He's been missing since the party!
Mavis: Well, I haven't seen Frank or Wayne.
Ericka: Yeah, has anyone seen them?
Eunice: I hope they're not up to something.
The four humans moved the Trolly to try to escape the situation.
Ericka: I saw them on the dance floor...
Griffin: Oops, almost forgot good old Blobby.
Wayne turned around directly to Griffin's lower back side and screamed, in his panic he knocked over the luggage, getting the attention of the four girls.
Eunice: Frank?
Frank: Oh. Uh, hey, babe. What's up?
Eunice let out a glass curdling scream when Frank turned around, quite literally.
Eunice: Frank, what did you do?!
Mavis: And who are those guys?
Griffin: Mavis, it's me, Uncle Griffin. You don't recognize me?
Mavis: Uh, no. I've literally never seen you before.
Ericka: Um, Murray?
Murray: In the 5,000-year-old flesh. Oh, look at that.
He slapped a loose flap of skin.
Murray: Well, that's fun.
He then fell asleep, then woke up.
Murray: I'm awake!
Wanda: Wayne? Is that you?
Wayne was then swarmed by his pups, chanting "dad".
Pup: Hey, where's Dad?
Wayne: Um...your dad? Uh, I don't know where your dad is. I just got here. I'm W-Walter.
The pups then turned to Wanda.
Pup: Mom!
Wanda: This is not funny, Wayne. I'm not laughing.
Eunice: I leave you alone for five minutes, and you become a human?!
Frank: Hey, chill.
Griffin: Cut it out! Blobby's not desert, okay?
Ericka: Mavis, what is going on?
TV Newsman: This just in, breaking news from our international desk.
The picture on the screen showed Y/n and Drac.
Mavis: Dad?
Reporter: This was the scene outside the local airport, where an unidentified monster caused a lightning strike to save a confused man dressed up in a Halloween costume.
The footage shows Y/n summoning the lightning strike, then bringing Drac over to the sidewalk.
Mavis: Wait, is that monster...
The footage stops on a still frame of Y/n standing next to Drac.
Mavis: Y/n?!
Murray: Oh, yeah, yeah. Your dad's a human now, and Y/n's a monster. Oh, no. I was not supposed to say that out loud.