Chapter 7: Wedding and A Child

It's been five years since Y/n and Mavis started dating, and now, five years later, it was their wedding day, as the two were getting ready Drac was welcoming guests.
Drac: Welcome! Welcome!
Y/n's parents then entered the hotel, excited.
Drac: Ah, M/n! D/n! Welcome, welcome!
Y/n: Mom! Dad! You actually made it!
D/n: I couldn't miss my little man's big day, could I?
Y/n hugged his parents before the ceremony started and the group took photos, of course, Dracula and Mavis didn't appear in the pictures.
The wedding starts as Y/n and Mavis walk to the podium together, the wedding seemed to fly by them. Y/n remembers almost all of his wedding, specifically cutting a screaming wedding cake and Blobby accidentally getting a gremlin stuck inside him when he tried dancing with her and Y/n helping Globby get the gremlin outside of his body.
Dracula: Is it everything you wanted, my little poisonberry?
Mavis: Oh, it is, Daddy. Except, where's Grandpa Vlad?
Dracula: Honey, your gramps would not have been cool with this. He's old school.
Mavis: But if he could just meet Y/n-
Drac: He would've eaten him, he's not as enlightened as your hip Daddy.
Y/n: And I would like to not be eaten on my wedding day, that would be kind of a killjoy.
Mavis: So, you're really okay with him not being a monster?
Drac: Monster, Human, Unicorn. As long as you're happy.
Mavis: Thanks, Dad.
The three of them climbed to the top of the hotel to look at the Moonlight.
*Timeskip*
A year later, Y/n and Mavis approach Drac.
Mavis: Hey, dad, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a fly with me.
Drac: Oh, okay! We haven't done that in forever, any special reason?
Y/n: Hmm, not that I can think of.
The two go off on A flight, and Mavis tells Drac that she's pregnant, Y/n patiently waited for the two to return, in the meantime he looked through his phone's photo album, he started to get bored when the two vampires finally returned.
*Timeskip*
Nine Months later, Y/n and Mavis were in their hotel room, Y/n supporting Mavis as she pushed, after an agonizing while, their son, Dennis, was born, he had jet black hair, just like his mother, and E/c eyes like his father. Dracula had helped them with the delivery and as Mavis held their child, he reached his hand up for the first time.
*Timeskip*
It had been a year since Dennis' birth, and they were celebrating the child's first birthday.
Y/n: I can't believe it's already been a year with this little guy.
Frank: Must be crazy, huh?
Y/n: That's an understatement.
Soon it was time for presents, and the gifts were very...unique, so to speak. Murray got him a cursed artifact, which, of course, Y/n made sure was a good kind of curse and wouldn't do anything bad to the child. Dennis walked over to Y/n, who picked the child up and put him on his shoulders.
Y/n: He's only starting to walk, I don't think he'll be able to carry around that without falling over.
Drac: You're okay, Denisovich.
D/n: His name is Dennis, named after my father.
Drac: It's not his vampire name, my little Denisvochy-weevochy.
M/n: Are we sure he's a vampire? I mean not that it's a bad thing but shouldn't he have fangs or the pasty skin you guys have?
Y/n: Mom, he's a hybrid, he's bound to have human-like and vampire-like features, his teeth are hardly growing in, I'm sure he'll grow his fangs in no time. Hey wasn't there a marvel comic about A half-vampire?
D/n: Maybe he'd be better off where we live, there are more humans there.
Y/n: Dad, there's no guarantee he'd grow up well where I grew up, you know how kids can be, he's already around others he knows and gets along with.
Eunice: We have a gift, we hope it's acceptable.
Drac: "My first guillotine." Very educational. Well played, Frank.
Mavis: It's great, we just need to baby proof that, Y/n do you have the rubber guards available?
Eunice: Baby-proofing a guillotine? So you cut your finger off, it's part of the fun.
Drac: She made me baby proof the entire hotel. Someone's overprotective.
Mavis: Y/n and I agreed we would keep Dennis as safe as possible. Oh! Y/n! Come quick! He said his first word!
Y/n rushed into the room, almost falling in the process as Dennis laughed at his Father's stumble while trying to get through the door.
Y/n: He did?! What was it?!
Dennis: Bleh bleh bleh.
Drac: I don't say bleh bleh bleh.
Mavis: We never said we did.
Drac: Then where did he get that?
Y/n gave Dennis a small fist bump, Y/n was the one who taught Dennis that, later in the lobby, Drac started to panic when his phone started ringing, forgetting that he got one, Y/n grabbed it out of his pocket and handed it to him.
Y/n: Just a phone, gramps, oh you got a text.
Drac tried texting but it didn't work.
Y/n: Maybe it's your fingernails, watch. /Psyched for date night?/
Mavis: /Gotta cancel, I can't leave Dennis./
Y/n: /Can't we get a babysitter or something? I want to spend some time with you./
Mavis: /Sorry honey, maybe next time./
Y/n: Wow, okay, well that went downhill fast.
Drac: Seems like it.