Chapter 9 - Dinner Jitters

Chapter 9 - Dinner With Daddy

Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting...

And waiting some more. Ugh, this is so boring. Waiting for them to get here is probably the most tedious thing I've ever done. School was slow because I was thinking about them getting here and the dinner with Alex. Two huge distractions.

I wonder how it will go. Dad seemed ok with him when we were test driving my new car, but what if he's different with him now that we're "dating"? I've never brought a guy home to my parents before, so I'm not sure how this process is supposed to go. What if Alex doesn't like my dad? I guess we can't date then because I am sure not giving up my father and best friend to be with him. He's not even all that. Who said I liked this kid anyway? What if dad doesn't like him? I haven't met anyone that my father despises yet, but what if he does that whole "me father, you daughter stealer" caveman thing that most dads do? Maybe he's different because he's gay? What if Stephan doesn't like him? What am I saying? I wouldn't give a crap to be honest. I mean he's ten.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It scared me so I kind of punched whoever did it. What? I was zoned out and they basically jumped me. When I punched the person, all I heard was a loud female-like screech. I look at the person, ready to start apologizing to them. The sight I see is probably one of the most amusing sights I've seen in a while. It's Stephan holding his nose, screaming like a banshee and jumping up and down.

I immediately started cracking up. "Oh my gosh-hahahahhahaha. Stephan I'm-hahahahhahaa- so-hahaha- sorry-hahahahhahaha hahahaha." I just could not stop laughing even though I did feel really bad for punching him because I know it hurt really bad. I didn't break his nose or anything.

"Stella! What the-ahh! Shut up!" He screams at me.

My laughter slowly subsides as I see dad approaching. When he gets to us, he takes a look at the scene of Stephan hurt and shakes his head and chuckles. "What did you do Stella?" He accused.

I gasped and put my hand over my heart. "Daddy, how dare you accuse me of hurting my own brother." I say dramatically and rather offended.

He laughs in my face. "Oh shut up." He says and shakes his head at me. He then turns to Stephan and gives him a tissue out of his satchel. He was bleeding, but only a little bit. So, he's fine. "Here you go son. It's ok. We'll get her back later." He says and winks at Steph even though he's barely paying any attention to dad.

I glare at him. "Let's get your luggage, shall we?" I say challengingly and raise an eyebrow at him.

He chuckles at me once again and he picks up a lot of their stuff. I get the rest of the stuff because Steph is too busy groaning. I'm sure it doesn't even hurt anymore. Like I said, I didn't hit him that hard. He's ten, so he heals quicker then the average adult.

As soon as we get to my car, dad and I chuck everything in my trunk and climb in. Stephan already got in before us.

As soon as I get in the car, Stephan speaks. "I hope you know I'm mad at you." he grumbles at me.

I crack up at his words. I start my car, blast my music, then we're on our way.

.

As soon as we get inside I give Stephan a hand towel that is wet with cold water to wipe up his dry blood. I told dad about the extra guest at our dinner tonight, but I didn't tell Stephan so I decided at this very moment to mention it. Well, I wanted to start with a little small talk first.

"So, how's the fifth grade going for you Steph?" He looks at me as I ask him this question & hand him the towel at the same time.

He slightly smiles. "Well, the girls think I'm cute."

I chuckle and sit next to him and throw my arm around his waist and lay my head on his shoulder. "You're not mad at me anymore, right?"

He sighs. "I can't stay mad at you."

I smile. My brother is so adorable. "Would you mind if we had dinner with my friend?" I prayed that he said yes because the truth is that I do care about my little brother's opinion.

"I don't care, Stella. Why are you asking for permission? Wait, is he your boyfriend?" I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I sit up- blushing- and I push him away. "He is not my boyfriend!" I scream and stomp my feet.

Stephan starts cackling in my face. "I can't believe you have a boyfriend. I seriously thought you were a dike." he says after he's done with his laugh fest.

I glare at him. "Don't say that word. You have no idea who you're offending, you boob. Also, HE'S NOT MY FREAKING BOYFRIEND!" I scream at him. "Jesus, do you speak English or do I need to speak another language?" I grumble.

I then stump away and run into dad. I look up and point my thumb towards Steph. "Get your son." I grumble. I then stomp if toward my room to maybe watch some netflix in peace. MAYBE.

.

It's almost time for dinnertime. I'm all dressed. We are going to have to leave in about 5 minutes. I'm nervous. So nervous. I'm probably stressing over nothing. Everything will probably be fine. What could possibly go wrong?

Speaking of wrongness, i have to go check on my little brother. "Steph!" I scream on the top of my lungs as i pick up the biscuits i baked. I can't go to a dinner empty handed. My mother did teach me right.

"What do you want, Stells?" He screams back at me sounding very irritated. I don't know what he's mad about because he's the one slacking.

"Come here, ya boob!" I yell, annoyed with his pre-teen attitude. He rounds the corner from the bathroom, I think, and comes into the kitchen. My little brother looks cute. He's wearing a little flannel and dark jeans with a pare of Nike's. Even though he looks fine, i fix his collar up a bit and give him a kiss on the cheek.

He gives me the most scariest death glare ever. "STELLA, STOP THAT SHIT!" He screeches and his voice cracks a bit as he wipes the lip gloss off of his cheek.

I flick a finger in his face. "Watch your mouth, kid." Then i start cracking up.

Of course all the commotion brings dad out. "Watch your mouth, son. Let's go now kids." He says calmly and ready to eat.

I smile sweetly at Steph then follow right after dad feeling pretty hungry as well. Especially after smelling my amazing biscuits.

°
°
°
°

Hey guys!! Im so sorry i haven't updated in so long and i won't promise to update regularly because i know that won't happen, but i will promise to update more. I'm so sorry and i know there are still some of you out there waiting on my stories and im trying but i've just been doing so much and im senior now!! Hurrrahh! I've been working so hard in real life and i wish that i was good at updating but im really not😂😂 im so sorry. Just stick with me. I'll get better.

°
°
~ Tatyana♡♡♤♤