Chapter 8 - Date or Nah?

        I shuffle my way into class. Today is Friday. I have been avoiding Alex like the plague. By the way, I have never learned someone's name so fast. It's probably because I've been thinking about him constantly. He has been trying very hard in order to speak to me, but I dont think that I could handle anymore drama than I do already. It's not even about that bitch Christy or whatever her name was. It's because whenever I'm near him I seem to lose control of myself, or Alex loses control of himself. We are not simpatico.

        Anyway, you probably want to know why I'm shuffling around. Well, I'm still pretty upset from my parents deciding to divorce. I don't care about the fact that my father's gay. Actually, I am extremly proud of him that he admitted that to his family and I told him so. He deserves true happiness just like any other human being. I can't wait until he comes down tomorrow. I will be having my bestfriend back. I'm pretty sure that Stephan's coming as well.

So, here's how the coversation went:

"Hey, daddy." I say softly into the phone as soon as he answers.

He breathes into the phone for a few seconds before speaking. "Hey, Stella."

I chuckle at the awkwardness in his tone. "No need to be awkward, daddy. You're still my favourite person." Still a lot of awkward silence besides his breathing. "You always wil be..." I offered up to him.

I hear him sigh. "Me too, sweetie."

I smile at his words. I've never heard my father this quiet. "You're so brave, daddy. I'm so proud of you for admitting your true feelings to me. If you feel that getting a divorce is the best thing for you and momma..." I trail off a little hesiant and to check out if he was still listening. When I hear his light breathing, I continue. "I trust your decision." I finish with absolute certainty.

I can hear him breathe a sigh of relief. "I love you, sweetheart."

I smile widely. "I love you more, daddy."

        "Excuse me, Miss Stone." I hear my name being called by my teacher. I weakly put my head up and realize that the whole classroom was looking at me and the teacher was lookin at me with an irritant look on his face. Some classmates were even giggling at me. I look at Alex by pure instinct and immediately regret it. He's looking at me with this certain face. Like a mixture between disappointment and wonder. I really don't like it. "Are you taking notes, Miss Stone?" I hear the teacher once again.

        I take out my notebook and begin to write in it even though I don't even know what I'm writing.

        "Okay class.." I hear the teacher begin to talk once again and I zone out again. I make sure to take my notes though.

        As soon as class is over, I make sure to rush out. I'm happy that Sonya, or whatever her name is, isn't here. I shuffle my way down the hall. Not paying attention to anything. I collide into a brick wall? I stumble back and before I can fall, I am caught in warm and welcoming arms. I know who these arms belong to. Alex.

        I look up at him and he looks like he doesnt know what to say. He put his hand on the back of his neck, gently rubbing it, and he looks down at me with a very sad face and it makes me feel so bad. "So, uhhm, if you didn't want to go on that date, then you should have said no instead of saying yes and disappointing me." He looks and sounds so sad as he says this.

        "I'm really sorry, Alex. I didn't mean to do that to you." I say softly and put my hand on his arm for comfort.

        He shrugs my hand off his arm. I'm not going to lie... it stung a little. "Don't lie to me. I'm not stupid." He sounds so unconvinced by my words. He goes to walk away, but I grab his arm. He freezes.

        "I know that you're upset, but please listen to me for just a second." I compromise.

        He turns around and looks at my face, compromising for a bit. After a second, he grabs my arm that's on him, pushes me agains the wall, and gets in my face. "I'm waiting." As he talks, his warm breath is blowing in my face. A shiver runs through my body from the top to the bottom.

        "I-I-I-It was that Christy girl, or whatever her name is. She came to my door and told me to lay off of you. She threatened to beat me up and she evn tried to, but I can handle myself." Well, that's my excuse. I'm not telling him about my father. That's not any of his business. I don't meet his eyes as I say this.

        He grips my chin and observes my face a little bit. "You're lying and I need you to tell me the truth before I never talk to you again. I'm very good at disappearing." He warns me.

        My instinct is to let him go. My instinct is to not even care that he is threatening to leave my life. But like I said, whenever I'm around him I'm never myself. So, I did the unexpected.

        I put my hand on his cheek and rub it gently. His eyes slightly close for a little bit. "Don't leave." i say softly to him.

        He looks at me with a serious face. "Then tell me everything then." He says just as softly.

        I sigh. i feel my eyes sting as I think about my problems, but I refuse to cry. I look him in his eyes. "My parents..." I choke and trail off not being able to finish. A tear escapes my eye and I immediately wipe it away with my free hand.

        Alex sees though. He lets go of my other arm and grips me in a hug. I do something that i never thought I would ever do a day in my life. I cry. I cry my heart out. I sob. Alex lead me to an empty hallway as I began to cry and he comforted me in private. The only person that ever comforted me was my father and he has never seen me cry. I don't cry, but Alex brings out the most powerful feelings in me and I don't even know if that is a good thing. He rubs my back as I cry. He wipes away my tears with his shirt. It makes me believe that he cares. Maybe he does. I won't count on that though. I'm not stupid enough to fall for him... yet. Life is unexpected, so I'm not doubting it.

        "What's wrong with your parents?" Alex asks after I calm down.

        I clear my throat. "My mother and father are deciding to go through a divorce. The best part abut it is that my mother cheated on my father..." I trail off only to chuckly inhumorlessly. "I'm happy that my father finally found his happiness though. That's probably the only good thing that came out of this. My father admitted that he is gay and I could not be any more proud than I am at this moment." I smile slightly and I see Alex smile at me too. I can't believe I'm spilling my guts to this guy. I can't believe I trust him already. 

        He clears his throat. "So, what about our date tomorrow? Are we still on?" He sounds so hopeful that I can't help but to smile.

        My smile dropes when I realize that I can't go. I shake my head at him and his smile drops. "I can't. My dad and brother is arriving tomorrow. I have to help them get settled in and everything. Make sure they are ok."

        His face is drooped and disappointed for a few more seconds before he looks up and grins at me. Uh-oh... What does he have in mind? "What if we all have a dinner tomorrow. I cook and set up my apartment and I come and get you guys when dinner is ready?" He had the brightest smile on his face and I could not possibly make that smile turn upside down anymore.

        I smile. "You want to meet my family on our first date?" I tease.

        He grins even wider. His smile is so beautiful. "If that's what it takes. For you..." he trails off and raises an eyebrow and gently flicks my chin. "anything." he finishes and kisses me on the cheek.

        It's now my turn to smile widely.

.

.

Thanks for reading!

XoXo T :)