𝐌𝐀: (𝟎𝟎𝟑) 🥀🔪

AUTHORS POV

Irene rubbed her forehead in frustration

IRENE: "I wish I could say it's not a big problem, Yeji, but I can't. Yeonjun is somewhere, only God knows where. He tricked you into thinking he was Lee Jeno."

YEJI: "I know. It was too convincing, Mrs. Bae. If you were in my place, you would probably also have mistaken her for a doctor. Please trust me" Yeji begged her.

This time the tears ran down her face without her noticing.

A psychopathic patient came out due to Yeji's mistake.

She can lose her job, or worse, someone could get hurt.

IRENE: "Jeno wants you out of this wing," she said, passing Yeji a bunch of tissues.

YEJI: "I understand," she exclaimed.

Changbin, the security guy ran into the room. The short and shy boy seemed agitated.

IRENE: "What's up, Changbin?" Irene asked.

CHANGBIN: "You're not going to like this, doctor," he said and without waiting, he added. "We received news that a white Nissan was hidden in the forest a few kilometers from the hospital. Someone broke into a nearby apartment and the man was found unconscious on the floor with.."

IRENE: "Bite marks?" Irene finished for him.

Changbin swallowed.

Yeji was terrified of even talking about it.

CHANGBIN: "A piece of meat appears to be missing from the shoulder area"

Irene sighed.

IRENE: "Yeonjun"

YEJI: "Oh my God!" That's all she said and the only thing she remembers is that her head was spinning and someone was screaming for help.

TIME SKIP

When Yeji opened her eyes, she realized that she was still in Irene's office.

She was lying in the check-up bed for the patients.

Yeji sat up straight and from the thin curtains she could see Irene and Jeno talking to each other.

Yeji's brain was still taking time to process what had happened so far.

The real Jeno, with dark red hair, was talking to Irene.

Jeno caught Yeji looking at him and he gave her a look, which was full of disdain and Yeji didn't blame the guy.

If a lunatic tied her to the bed and if the nurse refused to recognize her, she would be angry too.

"How do you feel?" Irene asked her.