𝐌𝐀: (𝟎𝟎𝟐) 🥀🔪

AUTHORS POV

Yeji looked in the mirror the next morning and realized that she looked tired

She doesn't remember the last time she slept well.

Choi Yeonjun had been on her mind all night.

Yeji imagined her first encounter with him and everything that came to her mind was Agent Starling and Hannibal Lecter. This didn't help her because she kept rolling back and forth from the bed all night until the alarm went off at half past five in the morning.

She stared at the bags she had under her eyes and decided to apply a little concealer, a little blush, barely noticeable eye shadow, and a shade of naked lipstick.

Nurse Chaehyun, who was also a good friend in college, said that the golden shadows always suited her, but wearing a lot of makeup was not even allowed in the hospital.

She heard that the shower was on in Ni-ki's room, that was her sign to prepare breakfast for him.

She prepared fried eggs with toast, as it was at the top of his list of the favorite breakfasts of all time.

Her brother was a low-maintenance boy, if you told him that you were too busy and you made frozen pizzas for dinner every day, he wouldn't complain.

"I left early today. I'll see you at dinner."

Yeji left a small note for him next to the breakfast plate, she put on her canvas shoes, grabbed the bag, and went out, the city was cold.

——— AT THE HOSPITAL
YEJI'S perspective

It was quite easy to find Dr. Jeno office.

Yeji knocked once and entered the office to find a young doctor leaning against the desk with his back to Yeji, reviewing a file.

She cleared her throat.

YEJI: "Dr. Lee Jeno?"

JENO: "Yes?" He turned all his attention to Yeji. "You must be..."

YEJI: "I'm Nurse Hwang Yeji. I have just been transferred to Wing C. I suppose Dr. Bae told you about me?"

He smiled knowingly.

JENO: "Yes, of course, Nurse Hwang. Please take a seat"

YEJI: "You can call me Yeji," she said.

The guy gave her a killer smile.

Dr. Lee was tall, probably just over five feet eleven, with black hair, dark brown eyes, a sculpted face, and a sharp jaw that could cut the glass.

He had the kind of face that would make people who pass by the street stop and look back.

If Irene had warned Yeji that her new "Apprentice" seemed fresh out of Olympus, at least Yeji would have tried a little harder with her makeup skills.