Chapter 5: Targetted

In Hikari's dream, there is this image of a man in exorcist clothing, he was Enzo Kurai, his great grandfather, he was standing behind a wall of fire, "If in my time this world can't be fully protected from evil spirits...then I hope that my future generations are able to be the mortal's guardian..." He stood up and chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Cursed Descent." A bright light shone over Kurai's body and Hikari woke up.

He looked at his palm, "Mortal's guardian, but in this era, is there even a need for me?" He tried moving around but felt something beside him, he looked under his blanket and saw Xenon sleeping soundly, he smiled and patted the fox, "I will be going, be a good little fox until I come back."

Yuna arrived at the classroom with Ruby, she saw Hikari staring out of the window again, she walked over and greeted him, "Good morning Hikari."Hikari nodded and replied impassively, "Good morning." Ruby popped her head in between them, "Is this how you are supposed to reply a good morning from a girl? You are supposed to smile at her and maybe give her a head pat or something." Yuna blushed, "RUBY! STOP IT!"

Ruby pouted, "Come on girl...I am just trying to get Hikari to get closer to you." Yuna walked away with her face all red, "No need for that!" Hikari looked at her walking away, he just shrugged his shoulders and continued looking outside the window.

From the school yard, a woman in black hood was watching Yuna, noticing her every movement...

School soon ended, Yuna and Ruby walked out of the school. Ruby patted Yuna on the shoulder, "Hey...why didn't you talk to Hikari during lunch today?" Yuna blushed, "I don't know how to talk to him..." Ruby sighed, "You ah...really don't know how to socialise with others." The two of them walked down a street, suddenly, a black van appeared and stopped beside them, then two men in black hood jumped out and grabbed Yuna and Ruby, Yuna screamed, "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" Ruby resisted, "OUR PARENTS ARE GOING TO CALL THE POLICE IF THEY KNOW WE DISAPPEARED!"

However, the two men did not say anything, they dragged Yuna and Ruby into the van and drove off. A while later, Yuna and Ruby woke up, they looked around and realised that they were in an abandoned building, "Where are we?" They then saw the two men that kidnapped them, "HEY! LET US GO!" One of them turned around, "Keep quiet...our boss will be here soon." Yuna thought, "What boss? And what do they want from her?"

There was a woman's voice, "Good work you two." The two men kneeled down, "Boss, we have them just as you wished." As the man got closer, Yuna saw that she has jet black hair with green eyes, she is also wearing exorcist clothing. The woman walked closer and touched Yuna's chin, "Such a beauty..." Ruby shouted, "LEAVE MY FRIEND ALONE!" The woman glared at her, "I am here only for Yuna, not you, so it is best that you stay quiet." One of the men in black hood shot a tranquiliser at Ruby, causing her to fall unconscious, Yuna shouted, "RUBY!"

The woman turned Yuna's face in her direction, "Let me introduce myself, my name is Hel, Hel Mata, I am an exorcist scientist, I research spirits so that one day I can change and rewrite the world where no spirits can exist."

Yuna asked, "Why though..." Hel smirked, "Every year, countless people died from spirit attacks, from those people include many people with a kind soul. This world have never been fair to anyone, you see those with talents all succeeded in life while those who do not suffer the grief of failure and look, these spirits are all caused by it, so if everyone is happy, there will be no evil spirits that are created, the world will be a wonderful place, but to achieve that, I would need to erase every single spirit in existence, in order to do that, I would need a lot of cursed mana..."

Hel leaned towards Yuna, looking at her violet and blue eyes, "And I sense a large amount of cursed mana inside you, an insane amount to be precise...which could be very useful to me, I shall take your cursed mana and use it to create new spirits." Yuna yelled, "NO WAY I AM GIVING THEM TO YOU FOR THIS KIND OF PURPOSE!" Hel smirked, "And what can you do about it? You are here, no one can save you, HAHAHAHA!"

Suddenly, there was the sound of a dizi, Yuna recognised this melody, "Hikari..." A man in a black cloak walked into the building, his violet eyes glowed in the shadow, Hel looked at him, "Who are you?" Hikari muttered, "I am Hikari...Enzo Hikari...and I demand you for the freedom of these two ladies."

Hel laughed, "What can you do? You are just a regular teenager." Hikari smirked, "Oh? Then what will you do about me? I can just call the police if I wanted to." Hel rolled her eyes, "As if I will let you,seize him!" The two men charged towards Hikari, Hikari chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Oni Trap." Two large cages appeared and fell on top of the two men, trapping them inside.

Hel was surprised, "Oh? So you can also use cursed dark arts?" She then walked forward, "This shall be interesting..." Hel chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Oni Fist." A large demonic fist appeared and flew towards Hikari, he quickly dodged it, "Cursed dark arts, Oni Ninja." A shadow figure shaped like a ninja with a katana in its hand dashed towards Hel, she smirked and punched through the shadow figure, it turned into dark particles and disappeared. Hel praised, "Not bad for a teenage boy..."

Hikari frowned, "This woman..." He chanted, "Cursed dark weapon, Oni Katana." A blue katana appeared in Hikari's hand, Hel tilted her head, "Oh? We are going for weapon fighting now?" She chanted, "Cursed dark weapon, Demonic Whip." A flaming whip appeared in her hand. Hikari dashed towards Hel, she used her whip and grabbed his katana, swinging him to the side, causing Hikari to crash into a wall, Yuna shouted, "HIKARI!" Hikari quickly got up and chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Flash Dance." Hikari then dashed towards Hel at the speed of light, she smirked, "Cursed dark summoning, Afanc."

A large demonic looking mouse appeared and fired a shockwave, knocking Hikari back, Hel laughed, "Here is where it ends for you..." Yuna looked at Hikari being helpless against this exorcist, and suddenly, she saw Hikari chanting, "Cursed dark summoning, Xenon."

There is a bright scarlet light shining over them, the image of a girl with fox ears appeared, when the light faded, revealing Xenon, "Master? You called me?" Hikari rolled his eyes, "Of course I did..." Xenon then looked at the Afanc, "Are you trying to hurt my master?" The Afanc just growled at her, Xenon pouted, "Anyone who dares to hurt my master shall be punished..."

Xenon summoned her shadow katana, the Afanc pounced on her, Xenon just teleported behind it and kicked it on the back, "As a mouse spirit, you really don't know how to fight." Hel observed Xenon fighting, "Heh...impressive boy, you are able to tame a fox spirit."

Hikari then stood up, "Not just any fox spirit...but the strongest fox spirit." He picked up his katana and dashed towards Hel, their weapons clashed, Hel pushed Hikari away, "Cursed dark arts, Demonic Cyclone." Hel summoned a whirlwind, trying to blow Hikari away, Hikari chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Wind Slicer." He slashed the air, sending numerous slash waves and they dispelled the whirlwind. Hikari dashed out from behind the smoke and managed to land a hit on Hel, her waist was cut, blood flowed out of the wound, "Darn you kid..."

The Afanc turned to Hikari and was about to pounce on him, Xenon held out her hand, "Shadow flame!" Black flames consumed the Afanc and it ceased to exist, Hikari patted Xenon, "Thanks for having my back." Xenon chuckled, "That's our pact remember?" Hikari nodded, "Yeah...let's finish this." Hel smirked, "You really think so?" She chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Soul Shatter." A dark orb appeared in her hand and cursed mana channelled into it,preparing to fire a dark beam at them.

Hikari and Xenon looked at each other and nodded, Hikari chanted, "Cursed dark arts, Spirit Blessings" Xenon then combined herself with Hikari, her soul entered his body, her fox powers combined with Hikari's cursed mana. Hel fired her dark beam at Hikari, Hikari muttered, "Scarlet...Thunder." His eyes glowed scarlet and fired a scarlet beam of light, it pierced right through Hel's dark beam and it was a direct hit on her.

Hel got knocked back and hit the wall, "Curse you...boy, I will be back next time." She quickly ran off into the darkness and managed to escape, Xenon then left Hikari's body, Hikari went to untie Yuna and Ruby, Yuna tugged onto Hikari's arm, "Thank you Hikari...for saving us." Hikari then pushed her hands away, "You guys better get out of here..."

The exorcist and the fox spirit then left the building, Yuna watched them slowly walk away as they disappeared under the sunlight, she smiled, "Hikari...you are really an interesting guy..."