Chapter 2: Talking

The following morning, Fuma couldn't remember anything. The last thing he knew was that he was playing with a black cat and everything turned black, Yuna sighed and hugged him, "You are safe...that's the important part." Fuma looked at his sister in confusion, "What happened?" Their mother ruffled his hair, "Apparently Yuna said that you are possessed by a spirit, and one of her classmates came and saved you."

Fuma tilted his head, "Like a ghost possessed me?" Yuna nodded, "Yeah." Fuma giggled, "You guys believed in this kind of thing, dang..."Yuna got agitated, "Then how would you explain what happened to you yesterday, you even wanted to attack me!" Fuma shrugged his shoulders, "Don't know...maybe you pissed me off too much." Yuna clenched her teeth and turned away, "Hmph! Next time pray that your soul gets taken away."

Soon after, Yuna went to school and got to class, she saw Hikari staring out the window as usual and decided to walk towards him, "Uhm...Hi." Hikari turned around, "Yes?" Yuna fidgeted with her hands, "I...just want to thank you for yesterday...for saving my brother." Hikari had no reaction and just looked away, "No problem, it is my duty after all."

Suddenly, Ruby hugged Yuna from behind and caught her off guard, "WAH!" Ruby chuckled, "On talking terms already? You sure know how to make your move." Yuna flustered, "NO! I was just thanking him for yesterday."Ruby smirked, "Oh? Yesterday what did you all do?" Hikari gave Yuna a sideways glance, hinting her not to say anything, Yuna pinched Ruby, "Not for you to know." Ruby became more interested, "Hehe...I really want to know now."

During lunch time, Yuna looked at Hikari, he was just sitting at his table, eating the bento he brought himself. Ruby winked at Yuna, "You wanna sit with him right?" Yuna gave her a gentle punch on the shoulder, "NO!" Ruby then pushed Yuna, "Come on! Don't be shy, I know that you want to know more about him."

Yuna then got shoved to Hikari's table, she held her lunchbox in front of her face, "Wanna...eat together?" Hikari shrugged his shoulders, "Sure." Yuna's face brightened up, "Mhm." She sat down on the table beside Hikari, Ruby whispered in Yuna's ear, "I will leave you two alone for now, have fun~" She then left the classroom, leaving Yuna alone with Hikari.

After a moment of silence, Yuna started talking, "Uhm...so how is your day?" Hikari replied coldly without making eye contact, "Fine I guess." Yuna looked at his lunch, it was all freshly prepared, "Did your parents cook this for you?" Hikari shook his head, "I live alone, I have to make everything myself." Yuna turned her head to look at Hikari, "Oh...so you live away from your parents?" Hikari looked at his food, "My parents died a long time ago..." At that moment Yuna knew that she said something wrong, "Oh...I am sorry, didn't mean to bring that up."

Hikari looked out of the window, "It's okay." Yuna then continued asking, "Are you... an exorcist?" Hikari turned to Yuna, his violet eyes and Yuna's violet and blue eyes met, "I don't think you should be talking about that now." Yuna pouted, "But I want to know..."Hikari frowned, "Why?" Yuna looked down at the floor, "Because...I want to know more about you, I didn't even get to talk to you in year 1 so I want to make up for it." Hikari sighed, "There is no need for that, I am already used to it."

Yuna was persistent, "But I am not...even though I am also not popular in class but I still want to at least know about everyone here."Hikari stared intently at Yuna, "If you want to know about me that much...you have to pay a price for it." Yuna insisted, "I will."

"Even with your life?"