Chapter 11: Demon lord

Early in the morning, Hikari woke up, he prepared to get ready for school, Xenon was sitting on the floor and staring out the window with a worried look on her face, Hikari noticed it and approached her, "Is there something wrong?" Xenon turned around, "Master...I sensed something." Hikari frowned, "What is it?" Xenon mumbled, "A large amount of cursed mana is gathering in one spot somewhere, there will probably be an extremely powerful spirit being summoned, it possibly could be a demon lord..." Hikari patted the fox spirit, " It's okay, if it goes on a rampage, we can stop it, right?" Xenon smiled, "Mhm!" Hikari chuckled, "Alright, I will be off to school, be a good fox until I come back." Xenon then sends Hikari off...

Yuna entered the class, she saw Hikari looking out of the window, she walked over to say good morning to him, "Good morning Hikari!" Hikari just nodded, "Good morning..." Yuna can tell that Hikari had something on his mind judging by his face, she tilted her head, "What's wrong?" Hikari shook his head, "It's nothing." Yuna pouted, "Come on...you should talk about it, we are friends aren't we?"

Hikari muttered, "The demon lord is getting released..." Yuna was confused, "What demon lord?" Hikari explained, "The demon lord, Ravana, he is the demon lord that has ruled for many centuries, in the past, the strongest exorcists at that time was able to constantly defeat him, but he kept on reviving, so my great grandfather, Enzo Kurai decided to seal him instead of killing him, making him unable to disturb the mortal world ever again, but now...seems like someone is trying to unseal him."

Yuna asked, "Who will be stupid enough to do that?" Hikari shrugged his shoulders, "Don't know...I need to go and check out the seal to find out for myself." Yuna then asked, "Can I come as well?" Hikari immediately denied her, "No...it is too dangerous for you, you are a newly trained exorcist, whoever is the one trying to unseal the demon lord is probably a lot stronger than you." Yuna pouted, "But I want to help..." Suddenly, Hikari patted Yuna on the head, she was surprised and blushed, "Hikari..." Hikari's violet eyes and Yuna's violet and blue eyes met, "I just don't want you to die, that's all..."

After school, Hikari went back home, Xenon pounced on him, pushing him onto the floor, "Master! You are back!" Hikari groaned in pain, "Giant fur ball...you know that you are in your human form right..." Xenon sat on Hikari, her fox ears flapping, "So? It makes no difference right?" Hikari touched his forehead, "This fox..." Hikari got up, he patted Xenon's head, "We are going to the demon lord seal to see who is trying to unseal him." Xenon nodded, "We can't just let the demon lord get released, the world will be in chaos..."

The two of them headed to Heito's largest temple, Pien Temple, that is where Enzo Kurai sealed the demon lord, Ravana. Hikari was worried when they got to the temple, the exorcist guards over there had all fallen, "Someone is indeed trying to unseal the demon lord." Xenon urged Hikari, "Master, there is no time to waste, we need to hurry!"

They rushed to the basement of the temple, it is no ordinary basement, it is a large hall with a demon gate there, Hikari hissed, "What are you doing here, Hel...." Hel smirked as she turned around, "Hikari and his kitsune, I know that you will come and stop me, this is your great grandfather's seal right? I would need the demon lord's help in my plan to rewrite this world, HAHAHAHA!" Hikari's eyes narrowed, "The demon lord is not going to listen to you, you will have to listen to him...the world will be destroyed by him."

Hel laughed, "So what? As long as the world is ruled properly, I am fine with it." Xenon rolled her eyes, "You really think the demon lord will rule the mortals properly, no way...he will make everyone suffer!" Hel rolled her eyes , "It is not for you to say...kitsune." She touched the seal, "Plus...the ritual is almost done, there is nothing you can do to stop me."

A large green magic circle appeared around the seal, Hikari hissed, "No before I stop it..." Hel smirked, "Oh really? We shall have a duel then..." She chanted, "Cursed dark summoning, Armour Knight Ogre." A golden gate appeared and when it opened, an ogre wearing a knight armour with a long sword walked out of it. It roared at Hikari and Xenon, Xenon had her hands on her shadow katana, "Should I take care of this one?" Hikari stopped her, "We need to focus on stopping Hel..."