Season 2 : Fall of the empire

"Fools!" he howled with gleeful malice. "Do you not realize what you've done?!"

Cayena watched warily as the sky glowed red, the darkness engulfing the whole empire.

"Your petty bindings cannot hold me!"

Aeternitas laughs with a sickening smile graved in his face. " you really think that was enough to capture me ? "

Like a cancer, his shadows swarmed the chains restraining him, eating away at their divine essence. Cayena summoned baleful magic but lucas stayed her hand.

"He seeks only chaos. Do not fall for his words " Lucas warned grimly.

The shadows completely engulfed the chains as it turns to dust. Before Cayena and Lucas could even lift a hand. Aeternitas melted into shadow and flowed out through the shattered window.

Lucas followed him but it was to late, as he looks out to the city square. The blue sky slowly turned blood red with a full red moon in the sky.

From the rooftops lucas screamed warning, pointing towards a nightmarish sight: Monstrous shapes swarmed the roiling clouds, raining down upon the capital. Citizens screamed and fled in terror from the fall of twisted beasts.

Cayena's heart clenched at the devastation but she maintained her cool, she has been waiting for this very moment for whole life " Lucas, with me - we must protect the people!"

At her command a radiant steed of living magic formed, a golden horse made from mana. She mounted with grace, Lucas behind, grasping her waist. ( 😭 Why does he sound so baby girl, passenger Princess... )

Below Mitsui and Kaeja were already marshaling soldiers against the onslaught, but it was not enough. "I leave the defense in your hands. Hold the perimeter - no demon sets their claw within the city!"

Cayena raised her sword high. "For Obelia!"

They plunged toward the capital wasting no time, with 10 thousands of her Shadow dark knight and Empire knights behind on her command. Cayena hopes her father will join her soon but she can't wait around as the damage will already done.

The capital city square had descended into a nightmare realm with screams and cries of the people. Shadow Knights and Empire knights cut through demon hordes with their swords letting the citizens escape to a Safe place.

Cayena reigned her steed to a halt. Lucas's arms tightened around her waist in support. She felt powerless before the chaos. She wonders if she can truly save this falling empire but as the future empress. It was her responsibility not choice.

Then warm breath brushed her ear. "The night is long, beloved, and your people need you strong." 

Cayena sighed. "For what reason you cling on to me, when your magic could end this war?"

Lucas' chuckle ghosted her ear. "Then maybe I should fly after him, dear Princess, instead of clinging like a swooning maiden?"

Lucas gets off the horse as he glances up at her with a smile " The empire holds your heart, as you hold mine. I'd see you safe before I capture that fool"

"Go then, Powerful magician of black tower- weave your magic and end this threat. I and my knights shall see our people do not fall while you catch him" 

With a fiery kiss upon her knuckles, Lucas vanished on wings of wind and will. Cayena watched briefly with a fond smile, then charged into the fray beside her knights, fighting on for her people.

The mana horse dissolved as Cayena landed lightly, immediately drawing her mana swords.

She surveyed the incoming horde with eyes like cut gemstones, calculating.

" Shadow knights, with me " She commands them as she runs toward the horde clunching onto her sword.

Her swords sang their song of death, severing limbs and heads with elegant force. Green blood sprayed in arching fountains, soon coating her attire and sword.

The knights fought as writhing extensions of her will, blades coordinating in intricate dances of steel. Any demon scoring a hit found itself instantly torn apart.

Cayena move between her knights untouched, adding each kill to the growing pile. Goblins and orcs were reduced to twitching heaps, trampled under the tide.

Before long she stood upon a mountainous tomb, surveying the battle from up high. She wipes the blood off her cheeks. She glance down at her bloody sword. The feeling was thrilling, to think she would lead a battle against the monster.

" Crown Princess.. The emperor has requested for you to return to the palace at once. The Black tower has joined in to fight along side us " Kayea screams reporting her while slicing some goblin easily.

" I see.. Just stay alive, Kayea and Mitsui. You guys are my future slaves like Felix " Cayena says while sliding down from the pile of dead bodies. 

" I am resigning... " Mistui say's with a tired look while slicing through the monsters.

" I refuse your resigning.. work hard guys !! " Cayena says before hopping onto her mana horse that she summoned again. She winks at them before leaving for the palace.

( Note from the author : listen in the original wmmap.. Aeternitas was defeated so easily like nothing by lucas which was boring. I need blood !! Anyway this also show's cayena will be the perfect empress of the Obelia empire )

**** Sorry it's short *****