Dil Ke Rishte

It was September 2024. The wounds were not fresh but the feelings still were. Time does not heal everything. Jannat and Siddharth's friendship was almost gone and so was Avneet and Siddharth's. And two people who should have been happy about this.... Weren't. So there they were in a coffee shop discussing how they can work as a team and bring back the lost harmony in their group.

Ashi : If we do this then I'm sure the Rehmani and Nigam families will end their fight and everything between them will get resolved.

Mr. Faisu : Yes and that means that most probably Jannat and Siddharth will be back to being friends again.

Ashi : And you're okay with that? Tumhe Darr nahi lagta? What if... What if it's something more than friendship? Will you be okay with that?

Mr. Faisu smiled and then said : Ashi when you truly love someone you think about their happiness and not yours. I just know that even if she doesn't say or completely refuses but the truth is that Jannat will be the happiest to get her Bawla back. And her happiness means the world to me even if I drown in sorrow. And... And I can't force her to love me right. Even after our relationship.... and I know she's trying.... But we can't choose who we fall in love with. And sometimes it's the most unexpected person. But the heart wants what it wants. So wherever destiny takes us I'll go with the flow. You know I love her so much I'll be okay with whatever position she gives me in her life be it like a friend or more than that. I just want her to keep me as a part of her life.

Ashi : Wow!... I... I don't know what to say Mr. Faisu. I've always seen the depth of your love for Jannat. She is so lucky to have you in her life..someone who loves her so much and that too without any questions or conditions. Such unconditional love is rare.

Mr. Faisu : Accha ab enough about me. Tell me what do we do about Avneet. How to get her back to the group?

Ashi : Yeah that's the difficult part..... maybe after part 1 of our plan gets executed we plan a get together and invite Avneet. And make them talk.

Mr. Faisu : Alright. Let's get to work then!

With this they set out to work.

While Ashi took Siddharth and Vibha aunty out for a party, Mr. Faisu brought medicines that Ashi put in Abhishek's water that made his head spin and had him have fever. He was struggling to get up and get food for himself as he was very hungry. Mr. Faisu dropped in as a guest and Abhishek tried to greet him as well as possible for him while being unwell. Mr. Faisu said he'll get help and he ran to Jannat's house.

Jannat's mom opened the door to see a frantic looking Mr. Faisu.

Jannat's mom : Arre beta aao aao! Kaise ho? Accha hua aa Gaye abhi bas khana hi laga rhi thi main. Aa jao andar aa jao beta.

Mr. Faisu : Nahi aunty abhi khana nahi abhi kuch aur zyada important hai. Please mere saath chaliye.

It was then that Jannat's mom saw Mr. Faisu's expressions and halted.

Jannat's mom : Kya hua beta? Itne pareshaan kyun lag rhe ho?

Mr. Faisu : Main sab batata hoon aunty aap bas mere saath chaliye

With that he took Jannat's mom's arm and guided her to Siddharth's house. Jannat's mom stopped short of a few steps realizing where Mr. Faisu is taking her.

Jannat's mom : Yahaan kyun laaye ho Mr. Faisu tum mujhe? Kya tum jaante nahi ki iss Ghar se aur iss Ghar ke logon se hamari saari yaadein aur rishte khatam ho chuke hai? Nahi jo bhi ho main iss Ghar ke andar nahi jaungi. Kabhi nahi! Aur tum mujhe tumse ye ummeed nahi thi Mr. Faisu!

Mr. Faisu held her arm as she turned away to go.

Mr. Faisu : Aunty rishte bhale hi khatam ho Jaye yaadein kabhi kahin nahi jaati. Aur agar rishte itne purane aur khaas ho toh unhe ek mauka aur zaroor dena chahiye hamesha. Aur vaise bhi aunty Abhishek ki tabiyat bahut kharab hai aur Ghar pe na Siddharth hai na Vibha aunty. He needs you aunty. Please chaliye iske pehle ki Abhishek ko kuch ho jaye.

Her mom was a bit concerned about Abhishek but still was hesitant to go inside.

Mr. Faisu : Aunty agar Abhishek ko kuch ho gaya toh kya aapko koi farak nahi padega? Kya aapne kabhi usse apna beta nahi maana?

Jannat's mom: Bas kar Mr. Faisu! Vo Mera beta hai... Aaj bhi hai.... Hamesha rahega. Chal. Dekha jayega Jo hoga abhi mere bete ko meri zaroorat hai!

With that she rushed inside and ran to Abhishek just before he was about to fall due to his head spinning fast. Abhishek registered that it's Jannat's mom who held him and was shocked to say the least.

Abhishek: Aunty... aunty aap yahaan?

Jannat's mom: Jaanti hoon beta shaayad nahi aana chahiye tha but Mr. Faisu ne bataya ki teri tabiyat theek nahi hai toh kaise nahi aati beta. Baccha hai tu mera aur jab tujhe zaroorat ho main tujhe chordh doon Aisa kaise kardoon?

Abhishek held Jannat's mom and let his tears flow.

Abhishek : I missed you aunty. Thank you.... Thank you ki aap aaye despite whatever happened and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I took your concern as your taunts that day and because of me the whole families got separated. I'm so so sorry aunty. But don't worry I'll fix it now. I'll talk to mom. Surely I'll talk to her and we'll all sort everything out. For sure.

Jannat's mom nodded and smiled amidst her tears. She hugged Mr. Faisu thanked him and then went on to tend to Abhishek.

Suddenly the door opened and a very shocked Siddharth and a very angry Vibha stood at the door.

********************************

I will wrap up the story in another two parts and I need your perspective. There can be three alternative endings -

1. Jannat and Faisu and Avneet and Siddharth get back together respectively

2. Avneet and Siddharth become good friends again but don't come into a relationship and Jannat and Siddharth get together with Mr. Faisu still being Jannat's very close friend.

3. Jannat sees Mr. Faisu's selfless love and chooses him but is back to being Bawla Bawli for life with Siddharth despite her romance with Mr. Faisu and
Avneet and Siddharth become good friends again but don't come into a relationship

Now tell me which one you prefer and why?

Until next time!
Thank you