Part 6

Avneet's POV :
Jannat and I stood crying there for half an hour. The faces around us were confused, shocked to be precise. Shocked that two girls who ignore each other are standing there holding each other and crying their hearts out since the past half an hour.

Have you ever had friends with whom you don't need to speak? They understand what you're saying just by looking at your eyes and your expressions. Jannat and me were that kind of friends.

And then....... and then it all went haywire.

Jannat's POV :

After 3 long years I hugged Avneet. We didn't care about how others were staring at us, completely blank, we didn't care that we were standing there from half an hour. In that moment, all that mattered was us communicating to each other through our tears.

I know it would sound weird but we could understand what the other meant just by looking at one another's expressions. Like we always did. Well, I mean like we could three years ago.

(POV ENDED)

They slowly broke the hug and gave each other a look. A look that had a smile on their faces and a tear in their eye.

In that moment they knew that they had forgiven each other. Probably they had done it months ago but could never express it and convey it to the other. And what would they have done by conveying it? No matter what, they couldn't ever go back to how they used to be. They both knew they could never be friends again. Although they were very different, they had one big  similarity and that similarity would never let them be friends. Their priority had always been the same - the same person.

With that, Jannat told Mr. Faisu that she wanted to go home. He agreed to drop her.

Siddharth realized that he had been just lost in looking at Avneet before the hug. Jannat must have felt bad maybe? Since she and Avneet had some differences. But he was shocked to see them hug and cry for such a long time. He was confused yet kind of happy to see them like this?

But he didn't want to take any chances. He had neglected his best friend, his Bawli once and even then she was the first one to stand by him whenever he felt low. He couldn't hurt her again. So to make amends for what he had done today he offered to take Jannat home but she gave him a "I'm not angry" look and told him to take Ashi and Anushka instead. Ashnoor offered to drop Avneet home who happily agreed.

All of them except Ashnoor and Avneet reached Siddharth and Jannat's appartment. They decided to stroll in the park for a while before going upstairs. They all needed to clear their head.

Jannat went in one direction different from the rest of the group. Soon Mr. Faisu followed her. He had to talk to her. Anushka tried to join 2 and 2 together about what had just happened. Siddharth sat in a corner thinking about the day's events.  Ashi although new to the group understood that there was something that only Siddharth, Jannat and Avneet knew, not the others. She was sure that there was more to the relations of these three than what meets the eye. Much more complicated than how they tried to project it. And Avneet and Jannat? After what she saw it was obvious that they had once been  very close. But what could have been the reason they barely speak to each other now?

Ashi was lost in these thoughts when Anushka called her name.

Anushka : Ashi! EARTH TO ASHI!

Ashi : Huh?? Haan ?? Oh.... Yeah Anushka were you saying something?

Anushka : Yeah I was saying tum please jaa kar Jaanu aur Mr. Faisu ko bula laogi?? Main tab tak Siddharth ko bolti hoon. Let's go upstairs now

Ashi : Okay sure

With this Ashi started moving towards Jannat and Mr. Faisu but the conversation she heard made her stop still in her tracks.

What did Ashi hear?? What does Mr. Faisu want to ask Jannat?? Why can't Avneet and Jannat ever be friends again??

Keep reading to find out!

Hey guys if wanted to know your feedback. Do you like it till here? Or is it getting too boring?? Please tell me your feedback and do not forget to upvote the part!