« 15 »

THIS CHAPTER WAS EDITED BY jay15mk ENTIRELY SO ENJOY THE FIRST CHAPTER BY THEM!

Around 5 am Chei woke up, still very sleep, her eyes slowly fluttered open. She still found herself being held tightly by Kai who once again managed to hold onto her the entire night without letting go of her. Not having any other choice, she kept laying there in his arms. After a while she got an idea. By turning into her fennec form, she managed to get out of his grasp, without waking the brown haired male up. Finally free, Chei jumped up onto the headboard, just sitting there, watching Kai as he peacefully slept.

Around 9 am, it was one of the rare weekends that Kai didn't have to work at, he began to slowly wake up. Yawning, he slowly opened his eyes with a soft groan.
"Mhm~" The male stretched his arms, sitting up.

While Kai sat up, Cheicou still remained on the headboard, observing him.
"..." As soon as he noticed her gaze, he turned his head into her direction.
"Y'know- that's.. a lil- nvm, how long have you been sitting there for?" He asked, now turning his body to her completely.

She jumped down from the headboard, turning back into her human form.
“A few hours”
".. doesn't that get boring at some point?" He raised an eyebrow, now standing up. Due not having changed clothes last night, he was already fully dressed.

“Not really, no”
She answered his question,shaking her head a bit.
"Alright?" Kai shrugged, stretching his limbs.
"Well- I don't have work today so.. breakfast together?" He asked, looking at her again.

“I’m not hungry” She looked at him as well. Her eating habits as bad as ever like it seems. He sighed, shaking his head.
"How about a walk by the lake then?" He suggested, hoping to at least get her to do something alternatively.

“Sure” She nodded, grabbing her blindfold from the desk, putting it on.
He smiled a little, grabbing his keys from his nightstand and jumping out of the window, too lazy to walk to the front door.

The female followed him through the window, landing beside him. He offered her a hand, but she didn’t take him up on his offer yet. It had rained that night, so the air was wet and hot while the ground was also wet from the rain and some little droplets of water were running down some plants and leaves.

Following closely behind Kai, they began to walk towards the forest. Eventually she took his hand in hers, holding it as they went in their way.

Soon the two reached a lake, walking along the shore of it. Neither of them said anything, just enjoying the comfortable, peaceful silence around them.

After a while of walking, they just happened to walk into that one person that definitely would, most definitely, not like seeing Kai and Cheicou together, and that person was none other than Chirou.

Once he saw them, his mood immediately changed, glaring at Kai before he even noticed that they were holding hands. Not that it helped with his bad mood.

Kai tensed a little as he felt the intense glare being fixated at him, but took a deep breath, looking around, finding Chirou standing there.

He grew a little nervous but sighed.
Cheicou, who now also noticed her brother, knew exactly what was going on with him, a small sigh escaping her lips.

When they reached Chi, she looked up at him like she was challenging to say anything rude.
“Hey Chi” She smiled at him, tho that smile didn’t seem to kind.
“Hey.. you two are out as I see?” Chirou clearly didn’t want to push boundaries after that discussion they had not long ago.

Kai raises an eyebrow, but shrugged it off and tried to relax a little more, so he just hummed and nodded.

“Mhm. Just taking a walk. What about you?”
She asked, not as tense as before anymore. Chirou noticed and also relaxed a bit more now as well. “Just getting used to this whole forest living thing.. it’s unusual” He shrugged.
“Better said again, but okay at least your getting the hang of it again” She chuckled.
“Yeah you’re right.. those were times, when home was still like this before the plague and all.”