« 6 »

Around 3 am, Kai was awake, laying in his bed. And not even ten minutes later he was outside by the lake, laying in the grass and star gazing..

A while later he felt that gaze on him again.

"..." he closed his eyes, seemingly dead if you didn't pay close attention to his breathing. Within a few moments, his eyes snapped open and he smiled in the slightest bit.

"So.. it really is you, huh" he mumbled.

After he said that a fennec jumped down from the nearby tree. It had black fur, silver patterns and red eyes that were way too familiar to him by now.

"Greetings.." he looked at the small animal.

The little fennec walked over to him, sitting down not far away from him.

He reached out his hand slowly, laying it down on the ground a little away from her.
"You're such a gorgeous fennec.."

She tilted her head a bit before touching his hand with her snout.

He chuckled a little bit, slowly petting her ears.

A quiet purring sound was heard when he did that.

Kai smiled happily.
"Cutie.." he whispered, just staring at the animal while petting her.

After a bit she curled up next to him. Tho the question is.. does he really know?

He smiled, gazing back at the stars.
"So were you the one watching me the past week?" he asked with a chuckle.

She looked up at him, a short nod followed. Kai laughed, kissing her head gently.

This surprised her quite a lot that her ears laid back a bit before perking up again.

He chuckled again..
"I wouldn't ever dare to that if you were human right now.." he admitted, closing his eyes.

This pretty much messed with her head that she was too out of it to find a way to respond, so she just rested her head on her paws.

He didn't mind that, returning to his seemingly dead state.

A while passed when she stood up again and went over to the lake, drinking water from it.

He opened one eye to see what she was doing, before returning to his usual.

After she drank she rolled herself in the water, before laying down in the slightly deeper parts. Her tail was visibly wagging.

A while later she got out again, shaking herself to get some water off her fur and some of the water drops landed on Kai.
He chuckled a bit, opening his eyes and wiping some of the water drops off his face.
She then turned back into her human form, looking back at Kai.
"Sorry about that-.."

"No, it's fine.." he sat up, shaking his head a little.

"For how long did you know?" she asked him after a moment of silence.

"Not that long. Had my suspicions but, yeah.." he told her.

She hummed in response.
"Also.. we can head out tomorrow if that's alright with you"

"If that's fine with you." Kai nods his head.
"But you're sure you're feeling fine?"

"Mhmm" she nodded.
"I went to the cathedral earlier.. let's just say that Barbara, their healer wasn't that happy to see me in such state"

"I can imagine" he chuckled.

"Don't see why tho.. it wasn't even such a serious injury" She mumbled as she looked up at the moon.