x. happy v-day, boyfriend

ILLUSION, 010.

REAL LIFE!

"I CONVINCED MY MOM TO lend me the car today." maryah said as kai sat down in the passenger seat. 

"where are you even taking us?" kai asked her as she started the car. maryah grinned at him.

"remember how you mentioned that you've always wanted to have a picnic by a lake?"

"shut the front door." kai gasped. "what food are we having?"

"well, i decided to have my mom make a bunch of mexican stuff for us." maryah told him as she started to drive. since it's still around brunch time, we have this one breakfast dish called chilaquiles, which is my favorite."

"please tell me there's enchiladas." kai pleaded. maryah laughed at him. 

"don't worry, grover underwood, we have plenty of those, too. and lastly, tres leches and flan for dessert."

"i've drooling already." kai sighed before turning on maryah's carplay. "let's see what your playlist has for us today." he said, clicking on her main playlist and hitting shuffle. 

it's been a long year
would we survive in a horror movie?

"oh my god, i love noah kahan." kai beamed. "is this the gracie version?"

"of course it is," maryah turned the volume higher, just in time for the pre-chorus. 

we didn't know that the sun was collapsing
'til the seas rose and the buildings came crashing
we didn't know, oh-oh-oh oh-oh-oh

"EVERYWHERE, EVERYTHING," maryah and kai belted out. "WANNA LOVE YOU 'TIL WE'RE FOOD FOR THE WORMS TO EAT. 'TIL OUR FINGERS DECOMPOSE, KEEP MY HAND IN YOURS!"

the two repeated the chorus, falling into chuckles as maryah turned the volume down slightly. 

"tell me about your sister. i'm already guessing she's cool based off the fact that she got you into one direction." she said, once the two had calmed down. kai shrugged. 

"um, well, her name is riya, first of all. she's twenty and is a sophomore at stanford."

"stanford?" maryah gasped. "so, the nerdiness runs in the family?"