➤OP-16 // Take The Dive

Night had fallen over the country, Arief, Nokk, and I all waited inside a local bar not too far from where one of our targets was supposedly hiding out. It was open air and we were dressed in somewhat casual clothing as our gear would give us away. I hunched over as what felt like hours for one of our contacts to give us the green light. "This guy is a cop, are you sure this is the best idea?" I asked.

Nokk took the most steps to maintain her hidden identity: Face mask, baseball cap, and hood. I jokingly suggested sunglasses to finish the look but she brushed it off.

"He's done more, for less. Out of all the corrupt cops, he's my favorite." Arief took a sip of his whiskey. Luckily the clock struck midnight, an officer stepped into the bar and approached our table. "Abe, hows the family."

"I hope you know what you're doing." Abe exhaustedly asked.

Nokk stopped swirling her drink, not even taking a sip out of it. "Are we clear to move out?"

"Batara is in his apartment, but he's well protected. I can keep my men out of the area for 15 minutes." Abe advised, taking Yani's drink and chugging it down. "I hope you brought an army."

"We brought enough, pleasure doing business, Abe." Arief killed his cigarette and left a wad of cash on the table. "Let's get moving, Yani's been itching for gunfight."

Through the back exit of the bar, the smell of smoke and trash was offensive to all senses combined. The wind was picking up through here, the smell of rain not too far off. Yani waited for us with his car ready, trunk popped open and tossed us our weapons. "Party favors, rude to come in uninvited without a gift." Yani remarked, handing me my OMNI .410 I checked the chamber before switching the safety off.

"I'll give'em something to talk about for a while," I replied.

Nokk carefully loaded extra magazines into her beltline, "Watch your shots, we want him alive."

"Dipshit probably thinks he's safe," I added, noting my buckshot and slug magazines on eitherside of my waist. "But I'll try my best."

"Batara has info we need. Everyone else can take a dirt nap."

Yani led us through the winding alleyways of the city, stray animals barked and hissed all around us they hid the sound of us moving around. The locals will have other noises to worry about soon than just the stray dog at their door. "Apartments up ahead." He pointed out, quickly jogging up to a gate and stacking up with Arief.

"Abe only bought us 15 minutes. We need to hit hard and fast." Arief explained before pushing in, raising a AUG HBAR, that was the heaviest weapon we had between the four of us. We spotted Batara and his men watching a soccer game, "You have the honors, CIA."

"How kind of you," I remarked, blasting through the glass door with my slugs. The others followed suit and rushed into the building. "I see Batar– He's going up to the second floor!"

"We need him alive, remember!" Nokk sprinted in and kicked over a table to use as cover.

Forcing our way through the first floor, killing whoever stepped out with any weapon. I blasted through a wall where I spotted Batara climbing through a window, bashing open the door to the room I quickly chased him. Before I could fully step through the window, one of his goons rounded from behind a chimney and swung a crowbar at me.

I deflected the attack with a well placed shot at his hand, well where his hand was. Spinning the goon around and using him as a shield as more gunfire erupted from the neighboring rooftops. "Don't let him get away!" Arief sprinted past me and slid behind a stack of pallets and gave suppressing fire.