➤OP-07 // KILL_HOUSE

The thudding of my boots against the concrete flooring. Buzz of the fluorescent lighting as I pulled my gear over my head and properly adjusted it to my body. A painting of eyeblack around the eyes of my balaclava before the helmet came on. I could overhear operators passing by, shuffling around their lockers, assuming those who were called.

I carried my Omni .410 Shotgun and Bearing-9 SMG for the killhouse. The Omni .410 was equipped with an angled grip and red dot, alongside the simulation rounds Eleana provided. The bearing-9 was a similar case with the simulation rounds, working with a Holographic sight and flash-hider. Both of them had laser sights on them.

Hanging on my side were a couple of smoke grenades. They jostled and rattled as I walked down the hallway. At the end of the hall was an open doorway to the outside, ending up at the rugby field and not long of a walk away was the killhouse.

The Kill House was a fairly old building, it was mainly brick and mortar with a couple of wood frames supporting the overhang sections, beats me on who designed this but if it lasted this long then it's good enough for me.

A few of the other operators were already there, Sam was administering the simulation as he sat on the sidelines with a laptop watching the indoor cameras. "Ah, look whose early," Sam chuckled. "Ready for your first test?"

"More than ever, Sir." I nodded

"Good, you're running with the defense today." Sam pointed to a small group of four operators waiting for the green light to begin their setup. "Maestro, Mozzie, Warden, and Frost. Those are the operators you'll be working with today."

I flashed Sam a thumbs-up and walked over to the group, planning to introduce myself. Luckily, Collins and Max had already done me that favor. "Ah-Ha! You must be the new face," The large armored man was the first to welcome me, greeting me with that European two-cheek kiss. "Adriano, but you can call me Maestro."

"A pleasure, Adriano," I returned his handshake. "And you must be Frost?" I turned to the woman in mostly arctic camouflage, her face hidden by a neck gaiter and beanie.

"Tina, but Frost works too. McKinelys' told us a lot about you," She said. Looking over to the grinning man, my expression quickly died.

"What exactly has he told you?"

Before Tina could tell me more, Sam singled with a whistle for us to go inside. I spotted the attacking team arriving on the site and beginning their preparations. While navigating the building, Sam's voice took over my comms.

["The objective is simple, protect the device from the attackers. If they manage to get through, they'll have to plant a diffuser. Then its your job to stop it. Simple enough, got it?"]

"Yes, Sir." I responded, catching up to my teammates on the third floor, passing by a mechanical device that watched me as I went up the stairs. "The hell is that?"

"That, my friend, is my Evil Eye, a special camera that can give the attackers a shocking surprise!" Maestro explained, pressing a button on his phone that released the panels on the Evil Eye and revealing the camera within.

"That's pretty cool," I remarked, looking around I took notice of the other gadgets being laid around: Some sort of floor mat that resembled a bear trap and mechanical little spiders. "What about McKinely?"

"You see his glasses?" He pointed to him. "Once activated they allow him to see through smoke and flashbangs."

"Looks like it was a good idea for me to bring these then," I motioned down to the small smoke grenades hanging from my belt loop.