Chapter 14

I finally have some motivation!

-------------------------

Anne

Things got more organised after everyone fell into a sort of routine. The Plantars, Marcy, Sasha and I would eat breakfast then head out to do our seperate things.

Polly usually worked on the farm with Frobo while Hop Pop and Sylvia watched, but she would occasionally manage to sneak away and work on robotics.

Marcy would normally be found asking all of the villagers about what life was like and how things have changed, writing everything down in her new journal. Either that or she would be hanging out with Maddie and doing who knows what with her.

Sasha went with Grime to hone her sword fighting skills again and to catch up with others, but he would always go looking for one of us when she finished so we could hang out, and I go with Sprig and Ivy to explore the forest and practice using my powers, but they don't seem to be working at the moment. The only times I've actually managed to get them to work is when I'm under stress, similar to when I first realised I had them. That won't stop me from trying.

River visited a few times and hung out with us, though Sasha always avoided him like the plague. She didn't seem to trust him that much, though I don't know why. Maybe she still has some trust issues?

Today, I'm walking through the forest to relax and clear my mind. That was HP's advice to me to try to get my powers back, anyway. The crispness of the air and the relatively quiet forest ambience really helps with concentrating.

I sit down on a rock in a clearing and close my eyes, focusing on summoning my powers. Imagining them is a bit hard after 10 years of not having them, but they are almost impossible to forget. Almost everything being possible, of being able to do so much more than you normally could feels like a dream, but it wasn't. It isn't.

I know I can still do it. I feel the powers sitting there, dormant in my body. I sometimes wonder if Sasha and Marcy feel the same. Sure, they only felt it for a short period of time, but the first time I activated mine, they lasted roughly the same amount of time and I still felt the effects of them strongly afterwards.

Concentrate. I think about wanting to help my friends and family, and I imagine being strong enough to protect everyone no matter what. I've been told that I'm loyal to a fault by some people, but I just try to see the best in people.

A sudden rush of cold air blasts my face and I sense my hair starting to gently float upwards. Come on. I feel power go through me, and I open my eyes. I look at my reflection in a nearby lake, and I'm greeted with blue hair and glowing blue eyes.

It worked!

Right after I thought that, the powers started fading and I sighed. Even if I lose concentration for a second, they leave. But hey, at least I actually managed to keep them going for more than a second!

I then made my way back to Wartwood to meet back up with Sprig and Ivy. Along the way, I thought about what I did different this time. Maybe it was the location? But then why there instead of anywhere else?

"Hey, Anne!" I was launched out of my thoughts as Sprig came up to me and tackled me to the ground. "Did it go well?"

"Yep!" I replied with a smile on my face, "It sure did! Better than last time, too. And I see you're learning how to ambush better with Ivy, 'cause I didn't hear you approaching that time."

"So I am getting better. Ivy keeps telling me I'm not improving, but I think otherwise. Take that!"

A voice belonging to a certain yellow frog appears in the bushes behind us. "Still not as good as me!"

Sprig frowns at her while she gives him a wide grin. He then proceeds to chase her through the forest and I smile fondly at them. I still can't get over how much they've grown over the years while still being the people I know.

-----------------------

Last filler chapter!