twenty

chapter twenty
(we all are fighting, together)
rated 18+

chapter twenty (we all are fighting, together)rated 18+

Seventh year flew by like the blink of an eye. Before anyone could even realize it, NEWTs was over and just a few weeks were left of their final year.

Just as her friends experienced, Artemis was summoned by Dumbledore concerning the Order of Phoenix. She was actually the last of her peers to know about the secret society since she was the youngest among them.

In regards to Remus, he had an intense fear for her well-being. This wasn't rooted in the notion that she was weak, but rather in the fact that many werewolves were associated with the Dark forces. Dumbledore learned of this and delivered it as a warning as to what could potentially transpire with Remus being enticed to join the enemy, though it was already known that he held loyalty to the Headmaster.

The true legacy of the Wolfe family had been kept hidden from the outside world, so most werewolves that weren't part of this specific clan would pursue her. This previously presented a minimal risk, but now that they were allied with the Dark lord, they held the upper hand. In light of the unjust treatment that the wizarding community had shown these individuals, it was understandable that some had taken this approach, though that, in no way, absolved them of their blame.

"There will always be a risk," Artemis said.

She had insisted that Remus accompany her to a vacant classroom, as she had wanted to ensure that their conversation would not be overheard or interrupted. Although their dorm would have been an equally suitable option, they had encountered multiple occurrences of uninvited guests, prompting her to seek a more private location. Additionally, since she didn't harbour a personal relationship with the girls who inhabited her dormitory, she was conscious of refraining from bringing Remus to this shared space out of respect.

"But...most of them might target you." Remus lowered his head slightly.

"It's true, they might or will—but it does not matter. We are all going to war, we are all their enemies. They made their choice, just like we made ours." Artemis shifted closer to him and raised her hands to his cheek," I am fighting, you are fighting...we all are fighting, together."

Remus breathed deeply and, subsequently, pulled Artemis into his embrace, the two slowly sinking onto the ground, their bodies closely pressed against one another.

"Remus?" Artemis uttered softly, raising her hand towards his facial scars and carefully running her fingertips over the affected area. 

The Gryffindoe responded to her inquiry, seizing the female's hand and planting a soft kiss upon her knuckles, "Yes?"

Artemis expressed a murmur for a brief period of time as her vision connected with his hazel pupils. She then slid closer to him, crossing her legs over his thighs whilst seated on his lap, speaking softly, "I love you."