Chapter Twenty Four ~ Menacing Summons

"Where is he?! Where's Aisa?!"

"Sir, I have to insist that you lay back down. If you move anymore you may rip out your stitches."

"I don't care about my stitches! Where's my brother?!"

"Get the sedative."

I raise my eyebrows as the commotion inside the room reaches my ears. "Better hurry up, yeah?" I ask Aisa, "I'd hate to have to waste a couple more hours waiting for your idiot brother to wake up."

"Hey! Aidan isn't an idiot! He's really really smart!" Aisa protests as I open the door to Aidan's room. I raise my voice to be heard among the chaos.

"I don't think that sedative will be necessary!"

Everyone either stops or slows what they're doing.

"Cashile?" Aidan ceases his struggles, glancing towards me. "Aisa!"

Aisa sprints forward and flings himself onto Aiden. "Aiden!" He shrieks happily, hitting him with enough force to knock him back onto the bed. Aidan winces, but to his credit makes no noise of pain and allows Aisa to continue squeezing the life out of him.

"God, Aisa," he whispers fervently, "You're okay, right? You're okay?"

"Yeah! Cashile took care of me! We went back to her house, and we fought about what to have for dinner, but I won Aidan, I won! And we went to Ichiraku's Ramen and I had this huuuuuge bowl and then guess what? Guess what? Cashile taught me how to play chess! Well, she kinda played herself and I learned but she did talk about what each piece could do, and~!"

Aisa continued his rambling, but somewhere during his story Aidan looked up and locked eyes with me. "Thank you," he whispered, eyes bright and thankful, "Thank you."

I raise a hand in acknowledgement before looking at him pointedly. You owe me one. Then with one last glance around the room to make sure everything was fine I turn and leave.

I had training with Ibiki.

***

"You're late" ibiki says.

"You're just early." I reply, scoffing. "Couldn't wait to train me, Ibiki?"

"Can't wait to beat your face into a pulp," He growls, taking a threatening step forward.

Skillfully, I take his mind off of punishing me. "So I have an idea for my training today."

It works. Ibiki stops in his step and raises an eyebrow. "What is it, brat?"

"A summoning animal."

Laughter erupts from his chest. "Kid, that's way too advanced for you. You don't have an animal, you don't have a contract, you don't have the skill set, should I continue?"

I narrow my eyes at him but smartly keep my cool. "I'll just skip straight to the summoning part then. As for my skill set..." I look thoughtfully into the air. "That's debatable." I smirk playfully. "I guess we'll just have to see, won't we?"

My fingers interlock as I make the signs.

Anger flashes through his eyes."No. I'm your sensei and you'll do exactly what I say and when I say it. Got it?" He snarls, cutting the discussion off completely.

I could just do the summoning Jutsu and see where it takes me, but I tread cautiously. If I angered Ibiki too much by blatantly defying him, he could disown me as a student.

Which was much worse than a mere beating.

So instead of a disappearing act, I blurt out. "Jiraya the toad Sanin did it!"