Chapter Nineteen ~ Trapped

"First thing's first," Ibiki announced, "Go get your shoulder healed."

"My... Shoulder?" I ask. Ibiki walks up and grabs my shoulder. With the slightest pressure I'm on the ground, tears in my eyes.

"Yeah. Your shoulder," Ibiki said dryly. "Dislocated in the forest?"

"Yeah," I nod, still panting despite the abating pain.

"You should know the way to sick bay by now. Come find me when your shoulder's healed," Ibiki ordered.

"Hai," I agree slowly.

I disappear from his sight holding my now aching soldier.

Perhaps if I told the nurse I had to get back to training ASAP they would heal me with medical jutsu.

I thought about the pills they would give me then shook my head. As tempting as it was, I was smart enough to be able to resist my bodily urges.

I would definitely get healed with medical ninjutsu. And if they refused, I would learn it myself. Something I should have taught myself a long time ago when I was bored one night.

I walked along the sidewalk, thoughts of Aiden and Aisa penetrating my mind.

Aiden was working overtime and doing everything he could to make Aisa happy.

I didn't understand it.

If I had a sibling would I feel that way too?

I reached the hospital and walked up to the lady at the front desk.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Yeah, I participated in the chunin exams recently and dislocated my shoulder. I popped it back into place during the exam but it remains unhealed and my sensei won't train my for the final exam until it's properly healed." I explain, emphasizing the competition and hinting as to the importance of my shoulder being healed immediately.

"You can wait in room 303. Go up the stairs, take a right at the second hall and walk down the aisle, you'll see it. I'll have a doctor with you as soon as possible." She said formally, a hint of concern in her eyes.

I could read her mind. She was wondering what a young girl like myself was doing in the chunin exams. She was wondering how I had survived at all.

Well she hadn't seen my IQ score.

I followed her directions and found room 303.

The dull hospital light glared at me when I walked through the door and the sunlight through the window worked with it, blinding me.

I immediately turned off the light and sat on the bed, contemplating the further training that awaited me.

What was that look in Ibiki's eyes before I left?

Why was I thinking about the look in his eyes? About Aiden and Aisa?

Maybe I'd gone soft. In that case, I'd never survive the training I'd asked Ibiki to put me through.

No, I hadn't gone soft. I was just tricking them all into believing that I cared. That I was as emotionally weak as every other human being was.

Quite the contrary, actually.

I was selfish. I only cared about myself, and how I survived. I acted nice to get what I want, not because I am nice.

And because of that, I am strong.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening.

"Hello , --" the doctor looked down at her clipboard. "Cashile, I'll be your doctor today. It says here you've dislocated your shoulder?"