Masking the pain

*After a while, Alastor walks out his room with his blood covered and stitched up coat. He sees the hotel residents talking and celebrate their success as nifty runs up to him.* "Ah hello there my dear!" *His smile grows wider as he looks down at nifty, who seems rather ecstatic about something.*

"Alastor look! I finally killed a bug" *she says as she shows Alastor the dead bug. Alastor doesn't seem disturbed at all. He lets out a chuckle and pats nifty.* "good work my dear nifty, you should show the others" *he suggests as her eyes light up.* "ok!" *she smiles and scurries off to the others. He watches them run off and genuinely smiles to himself. As he looks at the other residents he can see Lucifer glaring at him while Charlie waves and smiles at him. He returns the wave and starts walking down the stairs.* "hello my dear Charlie!" *he bows to Charlie politely, earning a even more mean glare from Lucifer.* "Hi Alastor!" *she looks at Alastor's coat and her face grows with concern.* "why do you have blood and..stitches? Did you hurt yourself? Was it because of the battle? DID YOU GET A INJURY FROM A-" *Alastor puts a finger up to stop her rambling.* "I'm very much fine Charlie, and no I didn't get hurt." *Charlie doesnt seem to believe him.* "Are you sure because in the battl-" *Alastor cuts her off again* "Haha! Like I said don't worry your pretty little face about it." *Alastor pats her shoulder reassuringly.* "Alright if you say so Alastor.." *she says, still a bit worried. Alastor walks away from Charlie and goes outside the hotel.*

*Charlie watches and walks up to his dad.* "Hey dad..?" *she says, looking at the door.* "What is it char-char?" *his expressions changes from a mean glare to a cheerful smile.* "Could you do me a favor and check on alastor?" *she asks with her hands clasped together in hope.* "What." *Lucifer stares at her.* "Please please please please please please dad! You guys don't get along and my goal is to make everyone get along and become better people!" *she pleads with puppy dog eyes. Lucifer thinks for a moment, he really wants to say no, but for the sake of his daughter he does it. He lets out a long sigh before saying;* "fine, but don't expect me to start singing and dancing or anything" *Charlie lets out a happy squeal.* "thank you dad!" *she smiles, Lucifer returns the smile before walking out of the hotel.*