chapter twenty-eight

"i want you to stay,right where we are todaywe found love,at the end of the way

right where we are today
we found love,
at the end of the way."
- Stay, Gerd.

I inhale deeply through my nose as I start to wake, and all I can smell is Bucky. I smile to myself as I open my eyes.

He lays on his back but his head is turned towards me, so our faces are close. I gaze at him lovingly, biting my lip.

He looks so peaceful.

My fingers itch to touch him but I keep my hands to myself. I begin recounting all that took place last night and I feel as though I'm floating on a cloud.

I love him.

And he loves me.

And we proved it, making love, cherishing each other multiple times last night. And before that, we enjoyed the most perfect date of food, music and dancing.

Gosh, do I love him.

Ensuring I don't disturb his peace, I slowly and quietly climb out of bed. My first few steps are a bit of a silent stumble, as I discover I'm a bit sore from last nights activities. I smile to myself as I grab fresh underwear and my linen robe and sneak off to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Upon my return to the bedroom, Bucky lays awake and waiting, hands tucked behind his head.

"Morning." his dreamy voice purrs before he gives me a crooked smile.

I lightly skip over and jump onto the bed beside him. "Good morning." I reply, then press my lips to his. I snuggle to his side and he pulls a hand from behind his head, placing it around my shoulders.

"How are you feeling?" he asks, looking down at me.

"A little sore, but I feel great." I smile.

"I hurt you?" he asks, voice filled with concern as his body stiffens.

"No." I assure him, stroking his bare chest. "I'm just not used to that kind of physical activity." I say, with a soft chuckle, and his body slowly relaxes. I snuggle even closer, tangling my legs with his. "How do you feel?" I ask him quietly.

"Satisfied." he answers firmly, making me giggle. "Enamoured." he adds. I smile and hold him a little tighter.

Suddenly, there's a low rumble from his stomach.

"Famished." Bucky adds, and we both laugh.

"Come on," I say, patting his stomach. "Let's have some breakfast."

We crawl out of bed and I head for the kitchen while Bucky grabs his pants off the floor. But then he runs up behind me and scoops me up, carrying me the rest of the way to the kitchen, where he sets me down on the counter.