𝟏𝟓: conflicted and traffic

magnolia dove 𝔁 percy jackson
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER 15: CONFLICTED AND TRAFFIC

PERCY WAS confused when he woke up, first noticing Magnolia holding a crystal with a sleeping Annabeth on her shoulder while Grover was crouching on top of an animal cage, trying to get the lighting right for Magnolia it seemed. 

"Does that help?" Grover asked. 

"Guess we're about to find out. If you don't mind, can you please see where we are?" Magnolia asked the satyr who popped his head up out of the hatch. 

"We're almost there," Grover replied, Percy fully waking up and taking a seat next to Magnolia who had finally tilted the crystal right. "There. I've got a signal. Toss the drachma will you?" Magnolia asked, glancing at Percy. 

"Okay. This will never stop being weird." the new demigod replied, tossing a drachma.

"If you want the gods' attention, you have to pay for it, Perce," Magnolia explained, closing her eyes. "Oh, Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering." Magnolia prayed, opening her eyes to see the rainbow projection turn red. "Show me Camp Half-Blood. Chiron's office." the girl commanded. 

The rainbow morphed into the shape of a familiar Hermes camper, leaving Percy even more confused than before. "Luke?"

"M? Percy! Are you okay?" the boy asked. Annabeth started stirring in her sleep, hearing a familiar voice. 

"We're okay. Don't worry," Magnolia assured. 

"Where's Chiron?" Percy asked almost immediately, staring up at the camp counsellor in the rainbow. 

"Chiron's holding camp together with both hands. Everyone thinks we're going to war so the cabins are taking sides," Luke explained. Magnolia and Percy glanced at each other in worry before Luke asked, "Please tell me you're calling with good news," he nearly begged. 

"We know who stole the bolt," Percy revealed, Magnolia, glancing at Percy before looking at Luke again. 

"How do you know?" Luke asked. Magnolia was confused, how was that Luke's first question? She glanced at Annabeth who was also looking at her confused. Magnolia just felt glad she wasn't alone in her delusion and that she hadn't imagined Luke's question. 

"Don't you want to know who did it?" Magnolia asked, furrowing her eyebrows at the camp counsellor. 

"M, stay focused, will you?" Luke pleaded. The girl only nodded and looked down, embarrassed. 

Annabeth explained how Grover figured it out while Percy gently nudged Magnolia, making the girl look up at him. "We're nearly there, it's okay." the blonde boy whispered, making Magnolia smile softly and look back at Luke.

"Who would Ares cover for other than..." Annabeth began,

"His favourite daughter. Clarisse is The Lightning Thief," Luke finished.

"Chiron's gotta arrest her, find out what she knows. There's more to this than just the bolt, something bigger." Percy began, the girl next to him looking at him confused while Annabeth's gaze remained on Luke. 

Percy took one glance at Magnolia and continued. "Don't ask me how I know, you just gotta trust me." Percy urged Luke. 

The boy at camp hesitated before agreeing. "Okay. I'm on it," he assured. 

"So Ares huh? What was that like?" Luke asked.

"How does my mother like him?" Magnolia mumbled resentfully. Annabeth tapped her on the shoulder, whispering about how she was going to go check up on Grover, Magnolia nodded and let the girl give a half-hearted goodbye to Luke and walk away.