𝟎𝟏. welcome home

magnolia dove 𝔁 percy jackson
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER 1: WELCOME HOME

"CAN I have your attention?" Chiron called out to everyone. Magnolia looked over her shoulder to see a boy about her age standing next to Chiron, looking down to avoid everyone's eyes on him and giving a polite wave. "This is Percy Jackson. I trust that you will see to whatever he needs." Chiron finished, walking out and leaving Percy on his mattress on the floor.

"I think he's the one that killed the minotaur," Chris whispered to Magnolia.

"Magnolia, you talk to him," Luke told her.

"Why me?" she asked.

"He looks about your age," Chris told her.

"That's it?" Magnolia asked, glaring at Chris.

"M, please," Luke muttered.

"Okay. I will, for you cowards," she muttered, walking over to where Percy was, the others following slowly behind her.

"Look if you want to give me a hard time, just do it tomorrow. I can't do anymore today." Percy told her getting up and facing her.

Magnolia only glanced at the others confused before looking back. "I wasn't planning on giving you a hard time?" she replied. "I just heard what happened on the hill and I wanted to say I'm sorry," she replied. "I've never been through it myself but I can imagine that it's tough," she told him. She sent him a soft, shy smile before holding her hand out. "I'm Magnolia." she introduced herself, holding her hand out for him to shake.

Percy hesitated before taking it and giving a soft handshake. "Percy," he replied.

───────── ⋆⋅🪩⋅⋆ ─────────

"Your turn Magnolia." Chris piped up, Athena smiling softly and placing down her last card, causing her to win.

"Damnit not again!" Luke complained, Magnolia laughing and smiling but stopping once she saw Percy jolt awake, getting the attention of the others.

"You okay?" she asked, getting up and walking over.

"Super." Percy breathed out, checking his surroundings before sitting up.

"We all have them you know?" Magnolia told him. "Intense, reoccurring nightmares? That's normal here. Not pleasant, but it's normal." she informed him as Percy tried to stand up.

"Daydreams, ADHD, Dyslexia. It's normal. I have autism which is less common though." Magnolia explained.

"Autism?" Percy piped up.

"It's a developmental disability that affects the way I interact with the world," Magnolia explained. "Us demigods just process reality differently than humans do. This is a place with others like you, we're all in the same boat here." Magnolia explained.

"So are you also..." Percy began but trailed off.

"Am I unclaimed?" Magnolia finished. "Nope. Aphrodite's my mother. It's not that big of a deal though, we're all on the same team." Magnolia answered.

"Why is that okay? Why do they get to bring us here just to ignore some of us?" Percy asked.

"The more you try to figure it out, the more it becomes a headache. The sooner you stop worrying the sooner you can start enjoying what this place does offer. Come on." Magnolia instructed, gesturing to the exit and walking out, Percy, Luke and Chris following her.