𝟎𝟔: fake heart of gold

magnolia dove 𝔁 percy jackson
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER 6: FAKE HEART OF GOLD

MAGNOLIA, WHO her mother had always insisted that she loved and was proud of her, could not perform Charmspeak. She remembered the nights she spent silently sobbing at her uselessness and doubts, wishing and praying that she would no longer be a dummy for her siblings to practice their charmspeak powers on.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a warm hand interlacing with her cold one. She looked up to come face to face with Percy, giving her a small smile and squeezing her hand before letting go, waiting for his cue.

"And you could've shown your father what it means to stand up for someone you love. You could choose to save your mother instead of doing your father's bidding." Medusa explained, triggering Percy to pull out his pen, pulling off the cap to let the pen transform into his sword.

"When I ship your statues to Olympus...maybe that will get my point across even better." Medusa wondered aloud, Magnolia holding her breath in fear. "Stand up. Let's have a look at you." Medusa commanded, Percy closing his eyes with his sword unsheathed.

"I didn't really think this through!" Grover called out, crashing into a pile of boxes, diverting Medusa's attention enough for Annabeth to put her cap on and Percy to cut off her head.

Magnolia got up and rushed over to the head, completely forgetting that it was a severed head and picking it up. She grimaced at the squelching noises it made and Percy eyed her in concern, seeing the face of disgust on her and offering to help. "Want me to take it?" Percy muttered, Magnolia, shaking her head.

"I'm okay. Get your sword and we can go kill Alecto with the head," Magnolia explained. Percy nodded and mumbled an agreement. "Annabeth! We're going to kill Alecto outside!" Magnolia informed her.

"Just be careful," Annabeth warned, getting a thumbs up from Percy before the two went back upstairs.

"Never thought I'd say that I'm going to kill someone as naturally as saying I'm going to a shop." Magnolia joked, causing Percy to chuckle.

"And I never thought I'd kill someone so easily," Percy replied, causing Magnolia to laugh and Percy glanced at her in unknown admiration.

"Can you get the door?" Magnolia muttered, gesturing to the metal front door.

"Oh, Yeah. Of course." Percy replied quickly, holding the door open for Magnolia, getting a small thank you in return.

"Stay there with the door closed okay?" Magnolia asked, making sure he was safe.

"Wasn't going anywhere," Percy replied, giving her a soft smile before closing the door and watching Magnolia walk off to kill Alecto.

Magnolia walked up to Alecto, stopping at the bend of the driveway, holding Medusa's head up and taking off the cap, turning Alecto to stone as she was about to attack mid-air. She broke on the ground and Magnolia put Annabeth's cap back on Medusa. She got one more glance at Alecto before walking back up to where Percy had been watching her carefully, studying her every move and unknowingly admiring her. Well, maybe a part of his heart knew he was admiring the brunette.

───────── ⋆⋅🪩⋅⋆ ─────────

After Magnolia and Percy had killed Alecto, they went back downstairs to see Annabeth and Grover looking up at a particular statue. "What is it?" Magnolia whispered beside Grover who was looking up at the statue.