𝟏𝟏: the string of fate

magnolia dove 𝔁 percy jackson
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
CHAPTER 11: THE STRING OF FATE

MAGNOLIA HAD always hated motorcycles. They seemed way too dangerous for any sane person to use them, trying to balance yourself while on the road seemed too hard and they were louder than her siblings on a bad hair day.

"That's not a car, it's a bike. Just let it pass. Come on." Annabeth corrected Grover, tapping Magnolia on the shoulder and gesturing to the road barriers, the kids walking over and sitting behind it, all short enough to hide behind them.

"I'm saying, we're not just trying to retrieve a thing. I think we might need to be detectives here, too." Percy tried to explain, glancing between Magnolia and Grover.

"Yeah." Magnolia agreed, looking down as she tried not to focus on her migraine from all the noise and social interaction.

"Why are you being weird with me again?" I thought we weren't doing that anymore." Percy told her.

"I'm not being weird," Magnolia disagreed, looking up to see Percy look down at her in concern.

"Yes, you are. You've been weird since we got on the train." Percy told her and Magnolia raised her eyebrows at the fact he knew that.

She shook her head in annoyance and kept massaging her temples with her fingertips, hoping it would ease the migraine.

"Oh, I get it. It doesn't have to be a thing. You know, that you hugged me." Percy told her.

Magnolia was about to toss him into the nearest lava pool, she doubted he could swim in that but she knew that the nearest lava pool was probably many miles away.

Percy somehow didn't notice that Magnolia had a migraine and continued talking. "I mean, we're like friends now. That seems like a thing friends do. At least I think they do."

"Do friends also not know when to shut up so the other doesn't go insane?" Magnolia quipped.

"Not funny-" Percy began but Annabeth interrupted.

"Guys, stop. I saw the fates," that shut up everyone quickly, turning to look at her. "Back at the Arch, I saw the Three Fates, and I saw Atropos cut a piece of thread." Annabeth finished.

"How is this important?" Magnolia asked her best friend.

"I didn't tell you about them?" Annabeth asked her. Magnolia only replied with a 'no' which caused Annabeth to sigh and shake her head, disappointed in herself. "I have to lend you one of my books-"

"Annabeth. Maybe after this quest yeah?" Magnolia told her, stopping her from ranting by putting a hand on her knee and giving her a soft smile.

Percy looked at Grover, who had explained the Three Fates. "The fates weave the life strand of every living thing. When you see a string cut..."

"It means one of us is going to die." Annabeth finished for him.

"We're all gonna die eventually," Percy replied.

How is this kid still alive? Magnolia thought. Annabeth and Grover explained the fates while the motorcycle sped past them.