Chapter 6: Echoes of Loss

Year X782

Elfman sits alone in the rain, tears mixing with the downpour as he mourns Lisanna's death.Y/N approaches, his own appearance reflecting the somber atmosphere, rain soaking his hair and his eyes red from tears. He carries a packed bag over his shoulder.

"Elfman?" Y/N's voice cuts through the sound of the rain. "The funeral ended hours ago. What are you still doing here?"

Elfman glances up at Y/N, noticing the backpack he's carrying. "Y/N, where are you going?" he asks, concern evident in his voice.

Y/N's expression remains emotionless as he responds, "Just on a job with Mystogan.Elf... about lisanna its not your faul-"

Elfman's voice breaks with emotion as he responds, "Stop it, Y/N. It's all my fault Lisanna is gone now, and Mira can't even use her magic! And don't go now, Mira needs you!"The weight of guilt hangs heavy in Elfman's words, his grief compounded by the burden of responsibility he feels for Lisanna's death.

Y/N's voice carries a determined edge as he speaks, his gaze steady despite the turmoil within.

"I have to get stronger, Elf, so that next time, I can protect everyone," he declares, his words laced with resolve. "Give everyone at the guild my regards."

Elfman's accusation cuts through the rain-soaked air, his voice heavy with frustration and hurt. "So you aren't even telling anyone? You're running away, aren't you?" he demands, his eyes searching for some sign of reassurance from Y/N.Y/N pauses, his steps faltering for a moment as he grapples with Elfman's accusation. With a heavy sigh, he turns back to face his friend, his expression softened by a mixture of guilt and determination.

"I'm not running away, Elf," Y/N responds earnestly, his voice carrying a hint of sorrow. "I'm... I'm searching for a way to make things right. For Lisanna... for all of us."The weight of his words hangs heavy in the air as Y/N meets Elfman's gaze, silently pleading for understanding amidst the storm of emotions that swirl around them.

Elfman's words hit Y/N like a punch to the gut, his heart sinking at the accusation from his friend."No, I don't believe this," Elfman's voice trembles with emotion. "The Y/N I know would never run from anything. He faces everything head-on, like a true man. It's not your fault, it's mine. I couldn't control myself, and I accidentally knocked you out."

Y/N's eyes blaze with anger, his frustration boiling over at Elfman's self-blame. "Elf, shut up!" Y/N's hand moves almost instinctively, delivering a sharp slap across Elfman's cheek. "Enough wallowing in self-pity! We're Fairy Tail wizards, dammit! You say it's your fault Lisanna died? Then make sure to become strong enough so that it never happens again! Make sure to be strong enough for Mirajane to never cry! That's what it means to be a man!"

The intensity of Y/N's words hangs heavy in the air, his resolve unwavering as he implores Elfman to rise above their shared grief and become stronger for the sake of their guild and their family.

Y/N's voice carries a weight of determination as he speaks, his resolve unwavering despite the tumultuous emotions swirling within him.